Paid for a project, the scripter hasn't been on since August 24. Can LL send me the money I paid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last month, Ihired a scripter for a project. On Thursday, August 20th, I paid the scripter 25,000 L$. On the 21, he showed me what he was working on. And we talked the next day, and on August 23. The next day, he was on around noon, or so. I wasn't on then. He hasn't been on since. I copied his SL name, and pasted it in Skype search. I found a person with the same name, and he lives in Canada. He told me that he lives in the NE, and the location that I saw in my search is in the NE.

What I would like to know is, can Linden Lab give me the money back, that he has in his account?I will wait till September the 8th. If he comes on before then, I will talk to him, and see if he can finish the project. He could be having computer problems, or something else could have happened.

His profile says no payment info on file. So he may still have the money.

Aug.24th was just barely a week ago.  I have had friends who have gone several weeks, or even over a month, without logging into SL due to RL issues - health, internet connection problems, RL moving, family issues etc. Have you tried sending him a notecard from inworld?  Many people have messages from inworld go to their email when they are not online.

I would be a little more patient and give it some more time before getting worked up over it.  Hopefully it's a situation that will clear itself up in a couple of weeks.   

Frankie Antonioni wrote:

I sent him IMs in SL. No note card yet. I will wait. I just hope that nothing is wrong.

Maybe he was hit by a bus driven by someone who suffered a heart attack after learning that they won the state lottery. Maybe you are not a very good judge of character and he is laughing at you right now on another account.

You decide which is most likely.

I don't think he cashed out. He doesn't have payment info used on his profile. I also checked on ebay. He had no L$ for sale on there. Each L$ sells listing on ebay, I checked for what city the listing is at. None were from the city that he lives in. I did a search on skype, using his SL name. I found three names. One was from a city near Toronto. He said that he lives in the NE.

I sent him a note card tonight. I think he may have computer problems.

Frankie Antonioni wrote:

I don't think he cashed out. He doesn't have payment info used on his profile. I also checked on ebay. He had no L$ for sale on there. Each L$ sells listing on ebay, I checked for what city the listing is at. None were from the city that he lives in. I did a search on skype, using his SL name. I found three names. One was from a city near Toronto. He said that he lives in the NE.

I sent him a note card tonight. I think he may have computer problems.

He might have transferred the money to an alt who you don't know. From there he could cash them out or just use them in SL.

First off, give them another week. Second, never pay in full up front for stuff like this. Third, no payment on file is a major red flag for anyone who sells anything in SL. Finally, you are kind of creepy and stalkerish as far as trying to track him as you have. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

He was on last Friday for three minutes. I was reading, so I didn't see him at the time. Last night he came on, and was on for two minutes. I saw him that time. I then sent him a message. I asked him how everything was going. He then said "not very good". After he sent that, he went off line. So he is ok, but something is wrong with his computer. Next time I see him, I will tell him to send me a private message in the SL forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.