Notifications from Second Life - Unpartnering

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know why I would receive a notification of unpartnering in German, given that they are in Spain. Wouldn't the SL notification to me not arrive in the language of that person? Or have I just found out something I didn't know?

this was the SL generated notice:

Sie und Ihr Second Life-Partner gehen nun getrennte Wege. D**** hat sich entschlossen, die Partnerschaft aufzulosen.

Mit freundlichen Grußen,

Ihr Linden Lab-Team

If they were in Spain would the notice not be in Spanish?

Freya Mokusei wrote:

German always sounds more badass.
:)

It could be in German for a multitude of reasons. Anyone can accidentally set their language incorrectly, and they might not notice for months. It could just be LL's systems screwing around.

My partner is German, each time he shares a marketplace link to me the SL websites all flick over to German. Took me ages the first few times to find the little language selector up the top left of the marketplace with the word "sprache", which turns it all back to English.

I'm gunna guess the person who filed the divorce had the issue and couldn't turn back, maybe using google translate to run the websites from German to Spanish. hehe

Callum Meriman wrote:

Freya Mokusei wrote:

German always sounds more badass.
:)

It could be in German for a multitude of reasons. Anyone can accidentally set their language incorrectly, and they might not notice for months. It could just be LL's systems screwing around.

My partner is German, each time he shares a marketplace link to me the SL websites all flick over to German. Took me ages the first few times to find the little language selector up the top left of the marketplace with the word "
sprache
", which turns it all back to English.

The difference being the link is a direct copy of what they see. An email from LL comes through with your settings..

I'm gunna guess the person who filed the divorce had the issue and couldn't turn back, maybe using google translate to run the websites from German to Spanish. hehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.