No scripts in clubs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there !

I searched all forums but i did not find a specific thread. So please allow me to ask you:

There are clubs which allow scripts and clubs which don't allow scripts.

Allow scripts in a club means (as an example): People can use their own dances, their poofers, use their own scripts and whatever.

No scripts allowed means (as an example): drastically reduced lag, no griefers, less viewer crash (maybe), but no own dances and whatever..

Advantage and disadvantage - which clubs (and why) do you prefer?

Thank you for your opinion !

Flash

I think if you put on your dance hud before going to the no script club it will still work as normal.

So whilst I like to have as much enabled as possible I am not that bothered if they don't have scripts enabled.

What is more of a nuisance are clubs with no build and that don't use TIS dance machine or a poseball server. Rarely do these places invest in couple dances having to use old ballroom dances for contemporary pop and rock is just daft.

i don't really mind, because all i need will still work

The reasons to prevent scripts you mention are btw all false, it's still a huge misunderstanding for several years

it does not cause lag

it doesn't prevent griefers

it won't prevent craches

and yes you can still use your own dances if your dance hud is configured/scripted the right way.

The most lagging feature in SL is the avatar.

[edit] i agree with Aethelwine ( sorry but this time i really do :)  ) about the dancemachine/ poseballsevers

Some clubs should be forced to close for still useing the horrible freebee dances from 10 year ago

I really don't care, as my AO and dance HUD works anyway and I don't use any other scripts when at a club.  I do like it though when clubs restrict poofers, talking fetuses and gesture HUDs etc, which are annoying and unnecessary.  Those that allow scripts can still forbid the use of them by making it a rule.

I agree about couple dances too.  If a club doesn't have good couple dances to go with their music we leave.  There really is no excuse for it as there are some great mocap couple dances out there.  It just makes the club owner look cheap.  BTW, couple dances are not the same as dancing in sync, which clubs with dance pads seem to think it is. 

I've looked at dance HUD's but find them confusing. I double click on a dance and then play it, if I can't do that then I leave, I don't know it that has to do with allowing scripts or not.

I don't use couples dances or dance pads, I'm mostly interested in the music. And a lot of the lag at clubs is from all the junk they are showing off. And there is nothing worse than a wall of text in front of the stage, give me or look at me or what ever, if I could turn that off I would.

I always tip the club and performer but my funds are very limited.

I have to admit, I'm on the fence on this one.

During sploders on my sim (a homestead), I will block flying, and scripts, as people turn up and I do notice a serious degrade in performance.  That and some of the incessant "tummy talkers", or "spampires".

But on the other hand, when we have a general event on, I don't restrict anything as it could ruin somebody's enjoyment.

The best fix I have found so far, is to set a script limit within my secuirty orb (it's a conover one, 300l$ off marketplace), so that those who ARE way too high are removed automatically.

I guess it's down to the venue, and the event, and if the venue has had any problems.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

. I double click on a dance and then play it, if I can't do that then I leave, I don't know it that has to do with allowing scripts or not.

that way of using dances, or better "dance animations", has indeed nothing to fear when scripts are disabled. It will work everywhere.

Some dance huds are a bit complicated at first sight, but modern ones often only need to drop the animation in it, and it will work. Sometimes a little config on a notecard or webpage.

Huds are a nice tool to invite others to dance with you, and create sequences so it's not just repeating the chosen dance animation again..and again...and....

Some are also able to hold couple dances.

Adamburp Adamczyk wrote:

The best fix I have found so far, is to set a script limit within my secuirty orb (it's a conover one, 300l$ off marketplace), so that those who ARE way too high are removed automatically.

sometimes the improvement doesn't come from removing scripts, but by removing the items holding some scripts with a giant rendering cost ...hairs... shoes... clothes and other, mostly useless, attachments.

When you would allow only a certain renderering cost for your customers the result will be most likely the same, or even better.

I see some walking around with 300 -500 k, and up ... thát are the real laggers... The new jelliedolls are a good thing for lot of people ( of course "we" will always keep the low end machines yelling they want to run around on ultra)

Which clubs (and why) do you prefer?
I don't pay much attention to clubs, I mostly follow performers, what ever club they sing at is the club I go to. But some clubs will have many performers that I like, and if I don't see anyone that I know in search, I may try a club that has what I think is the same taste in music that I do. Have found some really good singers that way.
And some performers will tell you when other performers are in the audience, saying, you need to see so and so, they are really good.

Alwin,
I don't like seeing the same dance over and over, looks odd to see someone jumping around to a very slow song. I only buy dance animations that are copy modify, then I can prefix the animation in my dance folder with DS for dance slow, or DM for dance medium, etc. I attempt to match my dance with the music being played, don't always, lol, but I try, for me its more fun that way.

Why would I care?

1 - My own scripts are made that they run in no script zones and most other stuff works that way too or can be "upgraded".

2 - If a club is so called "laggy" it's not the scripts. Club owners that act on 10 year old "non knowledge" may think so but that's not my problem.

3 - If a sim is overscripted all scripts will run slower. Is usually no problem if you don't rely on well timed scripted effects. More probable than many overscripted guests is an overscripted location by my experience.

That does not mean that extreme script usage should be ignored.
Script meters that show the memory usage as main factor should be ignored though - completely worthless.

However, I run few scripts and they will keep running.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.