No Sound In SL, Tried Everything, Please Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sound just simply isn't playing from Second Life. I've checked my sound levels under preferences, checked the sound levels under the volume mixer on my pc, made sure everything was turned up and enabled but nothing can be heard. I do not have this problem with any other program or website.The voice channel works just fine, I can hear voice, but no sound effects, button clicking, etc, that I normally would've. I use Firestorm viewer, and even tried reinstalling, and when that didn't work I installed SL viewer, and couldn't hear sound from there either. This really sucks because I can't hear the new sound gestures I just uploaded. I would love some advice on how to fix this problem. :c

Can you see this jira? It has some suggestions that worked for some folks.

It's a big clue that Voice works but not in-world sounds, which use the third party "FMOD" library to generate sound, and that seems to have configuration issues on many machines. Anyway, if you can try some ot the suggestions in that jira, maybe something will work.

• 1 year later...

I might be able to offer a solution as this worked for me. I decided to run a troubleshoot on the audio to see if there was something wrong and something about the effects or something. found that something in the audio did not start correctly and will be fixed on restart. once done i had audio again. Windows 10 Pro OS with all updates installed. Also worked for fixing firestorm 

Edited by NL664
forgot to mention last part

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.