Need help with some OC (open collar) scripts

Taramafor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Edit: Collar is "OpenCollar Six", btw. Only restriction is transfer.

Basically it comes down to this.

1: Wanting multiple owners on OC collar. WITHOUT another owner having to do it themselves. It should be MY choice and the choice of who wants to be an owner alone when it comes to me and my collar. It's MY consent or lack thereof and it's never a choice of even an owner (for I would not do "approved" with them either in general or otherwise). I make "trusted" people aware of this. Scratch that, I make EVERYONE I get to know aware of this, in general and otherwise. They agree with it and don't have a problem with it (as long as they're not super mono and avoid me for it. It happens sometimes). Trusted people should be owners but aren't because of approval reasons. Frankly it hits a nerve. I'm sure "Here, be poly and not mono" would hit a nerve with others too. It's not the fact that the collar is doing this be default, it's the fact that I can't go into the collar menu and make a simple change with a tick of a box (I can't, right?). As a result it feels like I don't have an easy option in the matter. But there is scripts that I can change, which I will need help with to do. So basically I'm asking for help with that.

2: I want to give trusted people full owner rights without having to drag in another owner for "approval" to be an owner or to change certain settings for them. (eg: MY choice in the matter). As far as I'm aware this isn't possible. I tried, It needed another owner to "approve". Unacceptable for me because my choice/no one having to approve either way with me for poly reasons/not having to approve reasons (it works both ways). I also have a very bad past of being in the middle of people not approving of each other when I care for them all in general and it affected my mental health and I went insane and broke (I even stopped feeling at one point). Happy to say that that ended well eventually (somehow) and things ended good but I'm NOT going to risk going through that again. What's more I won't risk putting others through it either, like I once did with someone myself (I didn't like someone and they could have been there for someone I care for but weren't and can't be now because car crash). I bring this up because it's a good reason why "owner approval" (approval of others in general for that matter) is unacceptable for me and why I can't assign owners unless it's my choice alone and not "another 3rd persons choice that has to approve first". I make this known to everyone I get to know (both in general and when it comes to owners). Some people avoid me for it, others do not. But it's me and how I am. And I won't risk putting others through what I once have. Multiple collars is also not an option for that means having to deny others being on the each collar. eg: That "one" thing, even if it's the same and alike. I only got one neck, I need to know it won't be an issue IRL and that I won't have to switch collars every time I'm around someone else (RL possabilities are there down the line btw. Yay, go me). Trusted people can't access settings. Trusted people can change my bell and titler but not my label (for some reason). Maybe I overlooked something on the collar menu and I'm honestly hoping I did but I checked and can't see an option for "label" or "other owners needing to approve" or even "settings with trusted people" for example. The option on that account isn't there with easy access from what I can see. Did I miss something? Did I overlook a simple tick box?

3: As a result I now have to edit scripts to change this (unless I overlooked something in the collar menu). If only for the owner approval thing. Just knowing that's on my collar now is starting to make me feel uncomfortable. But my knowledge with that is only basic. Where in the scripts might I be able to change, say, "subs choice alone with making other owners" for example? Which line in a script would I look for and how would I change it? I would also like to know how I can give trusted people full owner rights as well. Even just knowing which scripts to look into and what to control F/search for would be a big help. Is there a guide for things like this with changing OC scripts and the like? Most I've done scripting wise is changing what a clickie tail does and what the menu options are called.

4: May be considering other "poly friendly" collars with nice poses and menu settings like with OC collar (Once had an MD. Didn't like the poses as much. Kinda hard to beat OC "booty"). If they even exist. If 1 or/and 2 is resolved then scratch that. Or don't and suggest some anyway. Could be nice to have the option there.

There might be some misunderstandings with this topic due to how "out of the norm" it is. I ask that people don't assume the worst of things due to lack of knowledge in the matter. It's a simple case of "Not having to approve". Which works both ways. It's also a case of trusted people not having certain access and not being able to tick a box for it like with settings and label.

Note to mods: I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not. Feel free to move it to somewhere more fitting if needed.

Make yourself owner first, then u can add whoever you want, and still have full control over all settings, or just set it to public access. On the latest version of OC its called "Vanilla". Check it and you are a full owner, but you have to do it BEFORE you add another person as owner.

:)

Problem. Can't set myself as owner on OC collar six. Even an owner can't do it.

Made one of my owners an "offical" owner where the collar is concerned. They couldn't do it either. My name simply doesn't show up for the collar. This owner then cleared her name and I put her back on trusted (didn't even have to ask her too. Nice of her).

But yea, I can't seem to set myself as owner. Nor can others do it for me. And considering the current events I'd rather one of the owners wern't made one officialy by the other. It would be like going "I gave permission so you can go on a date with someone else".

So... now what do I do?

Ok, got it. There's no way to set myself as owner by name but vanilla setting makes me owner.

Which means I can make others owners, right? Like if I'm already an owner to someone else as well I mean.

Btw, is there a way I can set an owner when they're offline? There's probably a typing command for it. Not sure if they need to be on or not for it to work or if I need to be close to them.

Also thanks for the help so far. Much appreciated.

I've now re-read the OC Manual section and I think I misunderstood.   It seems their advice in your use-case is don't set any owners at all (which makes you the single owner by default) and assign the Trusted role to people who should be able to control your collar, while leaving you in overall control.   

They recommend doing that rather than using the Vanilla option, though they don't explain why.

"Keep in mind, that in many cases, the more preferable way to handle this would be to only add Trust rather than any Owners at all. A wearer without Owners set, has full root level access to the OpenCollar device. Trust is a precious thing to give to another person"

http://www.opencollar.at/access.html

• 2 weeks later...

Taramafor wrote:

Ok, got it. There's no way to set myself as owner by name but vanilla setting makes me owner.

Which means I can make others owners, right? Like if I'm already an owner to someone else as well I mean.

Btw, is there a way I can set an owner when they're offline? There's probably a typing command for it. Not sure if they need to be on or not for it to work or if I need to be close to them.

Also thanks for the help so far. Much appreciated.

Ok... Basically, the only way you the wearer can add your self to an oc 6 collar as a wearer without getting all techy is... the Vanilla checkbox in the Access submenu.

This makes you an owner, and you can add other owners, but... any one of them can then remove you.

If you want to control who has rights on your collar, tick vanilla, then only set people as 'Trusted' not owner, there are only a few things 'owners' can do that trusteds cannot, and they are not that important., once you have set one of more people as trusted, you can go into the rlv menu, exceptions sub menu, and enable all the tickboxes for  trusteds, such as force tp etc, that are enabled by default for 'owners'

most of your owners wont even notice the difference.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

They recommend doing that rather than using the Vanilla option, though they don't explain why.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because an 'owner' can un-vanilla you and because they don't like the idea of you having control of your own collar, a trusted has more power than an un-vanilla wearer, its like permanent 'capture' mode with multiple trusteds.

Why do you think they rebranded the 'sel;f owned option as 'vanilla' in the first place, oc 6 is all about Nu-gor-evolved style CARP, not self owned subs avoiding potential idiots while having kinky fun... Same reason they reccomend 'capture' plugin rather than public, with public a friend could take over from a passing idiot, with capture, you can only clear the idiot with the collar safeword doing a total reset.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.