Need help from a law-savvy resident

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I found out that in 2007, Second Life / Linden Lab won the Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for User-Generated Content. 

Now, I want to mention the fact that in 2007 Second Life / Linden Lab did won that award in a video that I'm currently making, but after reading this page on the Emmy's website: http://emmyonline.com/trademarks

It says; "1. Emmy honorees or those congratulating them may at any time refer in advertising and publicity to the fact that the honoree has received an Emmy award and may for one (1) year after an award is made, use a replica of the statuette in advertising and publicity which appears in print, by broadcast or over the Internet. *"

So my question is, is it okay to mention in my video that SL / LL won that award back in 2007? Thanks

Edit: So after rereading the line, I noticed they allowed mentioning. But can I use a vector / silhouette of the statue in my video? (not a replica of it)

If you are reporting as a jornalist you do not need permissions, but and here you have to be real carefull. If your report is in a negative light, you have to keep on the side of your opinion and still be factual. In short the reference has to be in relivent context  to the report and not just added for no reason other than just to bolster your report or to defame a person or company by assotiation. There is one issue tho and that is if you use a photo, that photo would be owned by the photo jernalist and you do reqiure their permission to publish it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.