Nearby Voice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am not sure where to put this, so I just posted it in general. Recently I have been noticing that certain places on the sim I live with other people it has been saying this one person is in chat range when they aren't even on sim. And then when I go to other parts of the sim or zoom way out, it says that no one is within chat range. This morning I came inworld and no one was there at all but me, and I went to to spot again and it said that person was within chat range when no one was online. and then I zoomed out and it said no one was within chat range. Does anyone know why that is happening? Is it possible there is some kind of spy device on the sim?

Of course I cannot say what is exactly going on here but I do know:

- voice can travel over a sim border

- voice range and volume are related also to camera position and distance (or were anyway)

- you can set a sim to not have the ppl that are there be visible to others from (neighbouring) sims, making them "invisible" on   your radar

It is just strange. it is a full sim and no neighbouring sims, and I am the only one on the whole sim. The person it is saying is within chat range isn't online at all. He is the owner of the sim. It is strange. but I do thank you for your help. This one is a hard one I know lol.

It's possible to have your voice instance logged into a region without actually having your avatar online in Second Life - there are special viewers to do this.

Seeing as the voice instance belongs to the region owner, I suspect he may be monitoring voice on the region for some reason.

It's also possible that his voice instance remained stuck on the region after he logged out. He may not even realise this happened. It's a bug that isn't fixed yet.

What's the SLURL to the location this happens on?  You can send that in my PM if you prefer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.