Lost of all inventory objects (LM, NC, Photos, Textures, Objects, Folders, Scripts, etc)

casisa24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Again I open this post because after trying every possible way, could not fix this serious problem.

Long ago my partner's account has had issues with inventory loss constantly. We have tried every possible way to solve this serious problem.

As u can see in this post: 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Inventory-issues-LOST-OF-INVENTORY/m-p/1475633

The problem is that my partner lose all of her inventory and later things just return but they soon disappear again and she could not make a claim ticket cuz she has basic account. 

(She also has issues with her e-mail cuz can log in to secondlife web page. According hotmail account was canceled for breach of contract. So i think this may be causing problems accessing to her SL web page account.)

All she purchase in marketplace and all the Lindens she has had spent in all this time since this problem appears has been just wasted and that really bothers a person and make you feel really mad.

We have tried everything imaginable ... From clean the inventory cache, up delete all files manually in hidden folders and then uninstaling the game (it's a way to clean cache without leaving a trace). Besides we have used the inventory option in Linden Lab Second Life viewer, which allows you to return time ago where you had everything, but does not work because everything including the folders are just empty.

We have also ensured that the account is not being hacked and apparently not the case, because it retains its lindens and i have been camping to see if someone log her account while we are suppouse to be offline and nothing happened. We have asked for help from many people with knowledge, and the information they have provided have not helped us to solve this.

The only thing left is that Linden Lab help us, but since she has basic account i doubt it. We are bound hand and foot.

I would appreciate any help. Someone who passed beyond the same and might solve. We'll be together with my partner eternally grateful for any information or help you can provide.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Charly (casisa24)

What I suggest she does is, first, 

Manually clear her cache.   She needs log out and to find the cache folder in her computer.   In Windows 7 it's at 

C:\Users\(windows username)\AppData\Roaming\(viewer name)

C:\Users\(windows username)\AppData\Local\(viewer name)

Just delete it and relog somewhere quite.  This will rebuild her inventory.

Second, make sure she has different caches set for each viewer she uses.  It's using the same cache for different viewers that usually causes massive apparent inventory loss.

Something I forgot to say is that when things return we also have deleted many objects, folders, cleaned the trash, notes, etc. Someone told me that when you have many items, objetcs, folders, etc...  things sometime do not arrive and also it can cause lost of  inventory. Im not sure if its our case, I doubt it. but I bring it up.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

What I suggest she does is, first, 

Manually clear her cache.   She needs log out and to find the cache folder in her computer.   In Windows 7 it's at 

C:\Users\(windows username)\AppData\Roaming\(viewer name)

Sorry, but the cache is located in C:\Users\(windows username)\AppData\Local\(viewer name)

Hi Amethyst,

I was considering that option. 

She has spent lot of dollars buying stuffs and always disappear cuz lost of inventory constantly.

i will let her know about it.

Thank you.

Any other suggestion is accepted.

Please if anyone know other way i have not tried let me know we will be very grateful.

BLESS!

she could try changing her cache location in the viewer, that will reforce the inventory to download from linden lab servers, the new location could be C:\SecondLifeCache

log in another place, she can log in in any place that appears in the destination guide, so everything is different, then open her inventory and let it load until she see that the number of items stopped, then she can look for anything and make sure the numbers dont move anymore, she may have by then everything in her inventory back.

I lost so much inventory I closed my store.  LL couldn't help me and I had premium account 3 years.

I wrote about it here.

Sorry for your loss. Linden Labs does not guarantee the saftely of your items regardless of what kind of account.

The whole thing freaked me out. I've pretty much left SL other than visiting with a few friends from time to time. 

Hi, Canoro

Dude, you have saved my SL wife's life OMG!!!

I´m so happy!!! She could recover everything changing the cache location.

We are so much in debt with you.

If you need any kind of help or just been friends we will be cheerful of.

We are so grateful.

Thank you Canoro and thanks to all ppl who gave me information and support. My very thanks

We will see how the inventory behaves now.

Bless you Canoro & bless u all =)

Charly (casisa24)

Don´t give up Faye, 

We were trying to fix this problem for more than three months ago, and now we could.

Maybe someone here can help you.

Just do not ever never give up. Hope is the last thing to go. Believe me =)

Go ahead Faye, try to explain what happened and how it happened and what you did.

Unless Linden Lab clean or erase all your inventory by a mistake, you should recover all your stuffs back.

Wish you luck.

Regards.

It's all explained in my blog post that I linked earlier. They couldn't help me. I cancelled the premium account, and got rid of my Mainland I had for a long long time. I just left. It was too disheartening to try to start over. I didn't even post about here here because I was so depressed.  Now it's been over 6 weeks so it's all gone I'm sure. Many people gave me so much advise and I tried it all. At some point we just have to admit we're over and out... it's just gone.

im glad everything is back!

i had that problem before and i looked around for a solution also, and i had the theory that the folder where all the cache is stored was corrupted, sometimes that happens to hard drives, so moving the cache to another empty place in my computer would make everything start clean, everything loaded like a new installation.

i hope this advice help people that have problems with cache or inventory loss.

youre very welcome. :)

bless you both.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.