Looking for destinatons

TimeofSnow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

TimeofSnow wrote:

1.Skiiing/snowboarding/ice skating - 

2.motorbiking

3.biking in forests

4.kayaking,canoing

5.cafes/restaurants

6.bike/skate parks

7.car racing

8.state parks

9.zip lining 

if this is the wrong forum please move it thank you!

----------

I'm not in SL right now, but next time I'm there I will try to send you some links. Another way for you to find out would be to check the search function when you are in Second Life. If you don't get a lot of hits the first time try using another word, for example, if you were looking for railroads you might also try "rail roads" or "trains" or "RR". Also try
  - there is a sidebar that lists things by category. 

Off the top of my head, for vehicle racing there is a large area on Mainland near one of the public sandboxes, also a track near the Tower of Primitives.  For snow sports there are a lot near the Linden Chalet in snowlands, but there is also a whole "winter city" just west of the snowlands, I think. You can get a free scooter at Sasstech, or a free bicycle or car at any of the Arcadia Allie freebie sites. Some of the islands in the Blake Sea area will give you free sailboats or kayaks (also at Linden docks near other sailable water). I'm not sure there are "state parks" as such, but if you visit Ross there is a poster that will give you a list of preserves.

I've seen zip lines many places. I have on at Riverrun in Tethys, but I'm afraid there is a better one at Whimsy Kaboom. Have fun!

I sent a notecard with some landmarks that can be used within Second Life. I was going to paste them here, but it didn't work!

1.Skiiing/snowboarding/ice skating - The area around Chalet Linden has some free snow sports.
You can also visit Chamonix City.

2.motorbiking - see notecard

3.biking in forests: I'm not familiar with the area another forumite referenced, but - in Rizal, in a shop named "Bikes" you can get a free bike and helmet and bike across the bridge towards Perry through a small wooded area. There are many interesting sims around, including the community of Luskwood around Lusk, places to explore near Ahern welcome area, and further south there are many sims set up for vehicle testing. 

4.kayaking,canoing - on Kenosaki in the Coastal Waterway you can get a free kayak.

5.cafes/restaurants - the Juice Bar in Brownlee is just one of many places 

6.bike/skate parks - there is an iceskating rink in Neverland - one of many 

7.car racing - look in the area south of Rizal to see the large vehicle testing area. Also, in Natoma, near the Ivory Tower of Primitives, there is a vehicle track. 

8.state parks - I've mentioned the Virtual Land Preserve, but there are many beautiful parks and scenic areas in Second Life like the Second Life Botanical Park. 

9.zip lining -  - the zip line is only one of many wonderful options in Whimsy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.