Login Problem, timeout reached or were having trouble connecting

LiviaCandice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Usually a network problem, so have you tried rebooting any network gear such as router and modem?

Just making sure: This problem recurs no matter the sim to which you're trying to login, right?

Probably the next easy thing to try, if you haven't already, is to use an alt account and make sure there's nothing strange affecting just one account (pretty unlikely, but an easy test). Also could try a different viewer, but again just to rule out an easily tested but unlikely factor.

Well, i tried 3 different viewers, all with the same effect then uninstalled them and left just one. For sure i made a clean install after all. And the alt is behaving in the same way. Timeout reached, Not able to connect to SL and so on. And it is since the last reroll at 13th. Everything a mess.

I restarted the router also maybe 10 times. Everytime it just solves the problem for just a moment. As soon as i am logged in it maybe works 20 minutes then it looses connectiona again. Its just annoying at some point.

Whatever they messed up again*grumble*

And before i forget to add it, login needs ages also. Before the reroll everything was fine, logged in in a few seconds. Now it tries and tries and tries. If it passes the login window its getting stuck at the region connect attept or even later.

But it's not as if everybody else is having this problem too, so we have to figure out why it just started happening for you.

I figure, those alts can't be trying to connect to the same sim, right? (or you've otherwise tried logging in to multiple sims.) I'm repeating (annoyingly, perhaps) that unlikely thing just because you mentioned the problem started at the time of the last roll, which could make sense if just the one sim is screwed up (which happens to some sims each time there's a roll).

LiviaCandice wrote:

I restarted the router also maybe 10 times. Everytime it just solves the problem for just a moment. As soon as i am logged in it maybe works 20 minutes then it looses connectiona again. Its just annoying at some point.

Oh. This part, well, it doesn't perfectly match the symptoms (I haven't heard of actual disconnections) but if you happen to be running a Windows 10 machine, a recent update from Microsoft really messed up OpenGL for some folks. Somewhere there are instructions for rolling back the specific bad update, if that's relevant.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.