Locating a person - Need help

OJMarsh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Quite new to this and am trying to meet up in 2nd life with my girlfriend, who is currently living in a country in Asia. I've tried searching for her name, and she mine, but we can't seem to find each other. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

OJMarsh wrote:

Oh thanks so much! Now what's a sim location?! 

"the same sim location"  == "the same place".

Anywhere will do. 

In common use, the word "sim" means "region". Another common synonym is "island".  "Sim" is a shortened verison of the word "simulator", which refers to the combination of hardware and software that generates the virtual landscape that we see in SL as a unit of land that is 256m X 256m.

Your name still does not appear in web search, as said above it can take a day or so for this to happen.

Get your girlfriend to paste this text into her nearby (Local) chat: secondlife:///app/agent/3c1f9119-d9ab-4716-b8f3-62ca95b7c74b/about

This will give her a clickable link to your profile.

If she right clicks on this link, she will see the options to add you as a friend and to send you an IM, http://prntscr.com/8ne61q

Once added as a friend or you have an IM conversation open with each other, you will be able to teleport to each other.  Just right click her name tab in the conversations window and you will see more options, including offer & request teleport.

Once you are friends you can find each other quickly under Communicate -> Friends.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.