Linden Lab: "The Weirder The Better"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

its very interesting the new perspective on Second Life by Linden Lab, they went back to Philip Rosedale basics, he wanted to make a space where people together could create whatever they want, the mistake is that to make it more understandable to people, they build a game in it: Second Life. they added land, water, a sky, and that limited the creativity of people, they started building houses and a society, and Linden Lab joined the game and created some kind of a government, they should not have selled "land", they should have selled a "space" without sky, land and water to create anything you can imagine. now it seems they are going to give the tools that they used to create Second Life, so that people can create another virtual world if they want or another thing with the tools. to do that is necessary to create another product, because the Second Life environment is like it is, i think the weird product is one like this.

Noone in charge ever admits that sl has in this day and age with 'things the way they are' become too expensive a hobby... and that the biggest boost would be simply to reduce membership fees, cut tiers and do more to encourage those who are long term users of sl and regular visitors.

Being a devotee of sl never seemes to have earned much of a reward from sl at all customers are never referred to as 'valued'.

To be honest despite Rosedales visions I see SL as being mainly greed driven....whether thats right or not its not a very encouraging image to hold....

I wish LL could cut their Tier fees....but i don't think they could, because of their large overhead costs. I think it will only be possible once LL generated other popular income streams (e.g maybe an app for mobiles)....and become less dependent on Sim/ Land income.

They're losing Estate sims gradually...but it's high risk to assume that the hole would be plugged with new Sim owners if LL reduced the Sim tiers by 30 or 40 or 50%

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.