Linden Lab is building a NEW virtual world

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MB Robonaught wrote:

What surprises me in the 216 pages of posts on the topic of a new platform just how many ignored Ebbe Linden’s words in the very first post. He says “Does this mean we’re giving up on Second Life? Absolutely not. It is thanks to the Second Life community that our virtual world today is without question the best there is, and after 11 years we certainly have no intention of abandoning our users nor the virtual world they continually fill with their astounding creativity. Second Life has many years ahead of it, and in addition to improvements and new developments specifically for Second Life, we think that much of the work we do for the next generation project will also be beneficial for Second Life”. Why are so many in a panic over this? If you don’t like the concept of a far superior platform to use, stay with the original! No one is being forced to move to the new platform period.

All Linden Lab is attempting to accomplish is to bring in a new platform that will bring the technologies out of the 1990’s. Sure the current SL can have features added and improved upon, but it is still built on a base that is 15 years old. Just like any other technology, software design and operation has changed over the years. One thing that works well is often replaced by something that works better and in turn that is replaced by something better still. The problem is that there is a point in changes like this that the base platform must be rebuilt from scratch in the latest methods. A good example of this is with XP being replaced mostly because the base could not be made secure without a total rebuild. Linden Lab has already stated many times that your account can be transferred (without inventory) to the new platform. The inventory won’t be able to be transferred only because all current inventory is based on ancient technology.

For those that love the graphics and game play in Frogger, more power to you, but I’d rather see the graphics and physics of modern games. For those that like the current SL and the limitations from technology go with it, again more power to you. Myself personally, I look forward to less lag, faster and more complete rezzing, and a less cartoon looking virtual world.

We haven't ignored his words.

But we remember the Teen Grid.

And sure LL is still doing some tinkering (investing?) in SL but my guess is no tinkering is approved unless there is a possible technical benefit to Sansar.

And as a company I trust them about as much as I trust Bank of America or Comcast or Donald Trump.

Never forget,

The large print giveth but the fine print taketh away.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that even if they were to deploy 2.0 as I type this, it would take 1-2 years to get the initial bugs out where it would really be useful. Then there would be an additional 2 years before LL could even think of it making a profit let alone as much as SL makes them currently. Then again, I do remember the teen grid and the noobie browser ideas 0.o

MB Robonaught wrote:

Keep in mind that even if they were to deploy 2.0 as I type this, it would take 1-2 years to get the initial bugs out where it would really be useful. Then there would be an additional 2 years before LL could even think of it making a profit let alone as much as SL makes them currently. Then again, I do remember the teen grid and the noobie browser ideas 0.o

There are so many "ifs" here.  And it's not like I want LL to fail.  I would love for them to prove all of us who are currently shaking our heads wrong.

They see a potential market but that is all it is right now, a potential.

LL claims to listen to us but do they reallly hear?

Design decisions are made by people who don't have a Second Life.  And they result in cluster f*cks.

Heck, it may be that the creators who've been invited to participate in the testing have never set a foot in SL.  The only criteria stated is that they are familiar with Maya.

LL gave us Windlight.  They gave us Sculpties.  They gave us Pathfinding (something that is of no use to most of us).  They gave us Mesh.  But you rarely heard any residents crying for these things.

But one of the biggest things we kept asking for, please improve the Avatar (the so called Avatar 2.0) they ignored and ignored.

In a perfect logical world it would be like I said. However given what is actually going on I agree with everything you said. As far as LL listening, it may be easier to find out if the NSA is listening. Sure at the start of this thread there were responses back to questions, but that quickly faded as the panic set in and took over the thread plus the off topic posts. I would love for them to respond to this post to prove me wrong that they quit listening.

You’d think there would be a team that were regular users of SL to understand what, we as their customers, want. I’ve never seen any evidence of that in the years I’ve been in SL. Upper management at LL are, in any typical business, are business persons and their only goal is the business. They rely on reports to make decisions and seldom get involved personally with product. I agree 100% with what you are saying, but there are two possibilities that may be occurring. One, upper management doesn’t care and base decisions on what they think will be profitable. Or two, those under them, who also don’t have SL experience, gives them bad information. Or both.

By far one of the biggest issues in my opinion is the changing of leadership that has been going on the past few years. There have been three CEO’s in the last 7 years or so, and each came in claiming they would take SL in a new direction. Those changes in direction make for a horrid business model where linear growth is impossible. Who knows, with the next change in leadership due soon we may see SL 2.0 dropped or we may see this SL dropped.

In all fairness I can’t condemn nor agree with LL’s business practices as I don’t have enough real information to pass judgment. However, as a user and someone that runs a real world business, what information I do have makes me wonder why SL hasn’t just dissolved as a business.

How about it Linden Lab, care to respond please?   

That's uberly retarded why would some one want to throw all their items away for the new second life. It's like yeah we know you spent like 5000$ in this game but we are making a new version and all your old **bleep** doesn't work on and ps we ain't telling ya just yet but the old sl will be gone in 2020

• 2 weeks later...

At first I was excited about the new SL and then i started hearing more and more disturbing rumors i would like to address those rumors here.

Q1. Is LL allowing problems to go uncheck in secondlife as is in order to make us move to the new SL when it arrives? 

Q2. I don't really have a problme with the above if its a yes, however I do have a problem with it if my stuff wont be exported to my account on it if i choose to go to this new version of SL. So my question is Will i be able to take my stuff from (specially the newly bought) onto the new SL? If so how would this work? (I'm going to be really angry if i can't because I've just spent a lot of money on the new mesh body products.. if LL doesn't plan on allowing us to move our avatars to the new game and is planning to close SL I would expect some sort of compensation for my lost inventory).

Q3. Is the new SL really going to be a pay to play service?

Q4. Will SL finally be adding prices in other currencies? 

Q5. Will this be a community minded program like the current SL?

Q6. How will the new SL affect my current subscription with LL?

Q7. Will LL be allowing people to sell their credits (a lot of us use sl for our bread and butter, I believe a majority of us are willing to compromise as long as the compromise is fair).

I believe that was all I had for now... 

from what we know from what LL Ebbe has said so far then:

q1. No. LL pay as much attention to problems with SL as they always have

q2. Not much of SL content will be exportable to Sansar, if any. No. You get no compensation (payment) if you stop playing in SL. Is in the ToS this that you signed up to when you logged in to SL

q3. if SL can be considered to be pay-to-play then so can Sansar. SL isnt so dont think so

q4. L$ will be the currency of Sansar. L$ balances will be transferrable between SL and Sansar. If you mean buying L$ (or tiers) with RL currency then LL have just taken on a new payments processor company, So check them out on your SL web account page

q5. if SL is a community minded program then so will be Sansar. If by community you mean Mainland then the LL jury is still out on that one. So dunno

q6. it wont

q7. L$ is transferable between SL and Sansar. So you got no worries about that

+

basically Sansar is not SL 2.0. Is a whole new other virtual world platform LL are building. The only things Sansar and SL have in common is:

a) we can have the same inworld name in Sansar as we do in SL, if we want

b) L$ will be transferable between our accounts in SL and Sansar

and thats about it 

Sami Buscaylet wrote:

Q2. I don't really have a problme with the above if its a yes, however I do have a problem with it if my stuff wont be exported to my account on it if i choose to go to this new version of SL. So my question is Will i be able to take my stuff from (specially the newly bought) onto the new SL? If so how would this work? (I'm going to be really angry if i can't because I've just spent a lot of money on the new mesh body products.. if LL doesn't plan on allowing us to move our avatars to the new game and is planning to close SL I would expect some sort of compensation for my lost inventory).

I have been thinking about Sansar for quite a while now. But unfortunately i am not amongst the lucky people who got more insight into Sansar. So all my thoughts are based on assumptions and rumours. However, lets guess a bit...:

Mesh

As far as i know today, Mesh creators will be able to import arbitrary Mesh models to Sansar. So all newer mesh based creations have a good chance to get into the new world as soon as the creators decide to do this. Then it is up to the creators if they arrange discount or free updates in the new world.

Rigged mesh

For Rigged items i am unsure where things will end up. We probably can expect to see a different Rig. But maybe creators will be able to create arbitrary custom rigs. Then it is possible to upload rigged mesh for the SL Avatar.

But then we also expect that the new Avatars will come with more possibilities. And then who wants to run around with a SL Avatar when the Sansar avatars are so much more pretty ? (ok, this is all just thoughts)

Sculpted Prims

Sculpted prims are likely to be not available in Sansar. After all they have been a workaround to get "mesh" into SL long before SL supported true mesh. There is just no reason to add sculpties to Sansar.

Regular Prims

What will happen to Prims? I can not tell. They are simple building blocks for arbitrary creations. I myself have been learning a lot by making prim based creations. Hopefully we will see something similar in sansar.

However in principle we could convert Prim builds into Mesh builds (and there are tools for this already around in SL) and thus migrate a lot of creations over to Sansar. But this is just in principle. I do not know if it makes sense. It depends on what building capabilities sansar will provide to users.

Scripted Items

It seems like migrating scripted items will be a challenge because it is likely that Sansar uses something different from LSL.

Textures, images

Probably no problem to get those into Sansar

Audio, other media

No idea

Animations

Well, this is very depending on how rigged Mesh items will be supported in Sansar. It only makes sense to migrate animations when the target rigs can handle them... After all human animations should be transferable... For sure this is a topic where we will get a bit of work when Sansar steps into the public :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

irihapeti wrote:

I don't think that is quite true but in a positive way. It seems to me LL actually is paying far more attention to SL issues now than they used to. :)

It's certainly not in LL's interest to force everybody to move from SL to Sansar, if only because they would loose far too many of their paying customers on the way. Their best strategy seems to be to try to upgrade Second Life to a level where it'll remain an interesting alternative for enough people even after this new generation of virtual worlds (yes, Sansar is just one of them) appear.

And that's what they seem to be doing right now. With the way they are developing SL today, there would hardly have been a need for a new alternative grid if it wasn't for that nightmarishly long "Things That Should Have Been Fixed Long Ago" backlog.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Mesh

As far as i know today, Mesh creators will be able to import arbitrary Mesh models to Sansar. So all newer mesh based creations have a good chance to get into the new world as soon as the creators decide to do this. Then it is up to the creators if they arrange discount or free updates in the new world.

It's important to stress the word "creator" there. You will not under any circumstance be allowed to or able to transfer your inventory from SL to Sansar. That's official and there are both technical and legal reasons for that.

There doesn't seem to be any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to import the mesh model you made yourself and have stored on your computer into Sansar though.

Discounts for an object used on both grid is a very interesting thought. LL will not be very happy about it but there's a question if they are willing and able to prevent it. Items in Second Life only cost a fraction of what they would have cost elsewhere and - more to the point - unless you find a way to sell a huge number of copies, the income you can gain from a professionally made work is just symbolic compared to the number of hours it takes to create it. LL wants to make Sansar attractive to professional cintent creators and the only way they can do that is to find a way to keep price levels high enough the professionals have a reasonable chance to make a living out of it,

Gaia Clary wrote:

Rigged mesh

For Rigged items i am unsure where things will end up. We probably can expect to see a different Rig. But maybe creators will be able to create arbitrary custom rigs.

Confirmed. Sansar will use the Maya avatar rig as default. Ebbe Linden has stated that they will open up for custom rigs too but not right away.

Gaia Clary wrote
Sculpted Prims

Regular Prims

What will happen to Prims? I can not tell. They are simple building blocks for arbitrary creations. I myself have been learning a lot by making prim based creations. Hopefully we will see something similar in sansar.

However in principle we could convert Prim builds into Mesh builds

Both sculpts and prims are just standardized versions of mesh and converting them is a trivial task by now. Converting them to efficient mesh is another question though.

Ebbe Linden has said that they are planning to include in-world buiding tools but again, not from the start. Will it be prim based? well, most 3D modelling programs are. You start with a prim, just like in SL, then you twist it, just like in SL. The only real difference is that you have so many more twisting options with external 3D modelling programs.

(Btw, if you actually think prims are just suitable for arbitary creations, you really need to get out ... err I mean in ... and explore Second Life more. Damania might be a good place to start but there are so many absolutely great prim builds all over the grid.)

Gaia Clary wrote
Scripted Items

It seems like migrating scripted items will be a challenge because it is likely that Sansar uses something different from LSL.

Scripting in Sansar will be done in C#. That's official.

So Second Life scripts will not work there unless somebody comes up with some kind of translator/converter application.

Gaia Clary wrote
Textures, images

Probably no problem to get those into Sansar

Apart from IP rights that is.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Audio, other media

No idea

SL only uses standard media file formats so there shouldn't be any technical problem. But again, it's that pesky Intellectual Property issue.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Animations

Well, this is very depending on how rigged Mesh items will be supported in Sansar. It only makes sense to migrate animations when the target rigs can handle them...

Yes but we already know the rig wil be different so SL animations won't work.

Hi, ChinRey

Thanks for commenting and clarifying.

One remark: when i mentioned "arbitrary primbuilds" i meant this as "unlimitted possibilities", so i am absolutely positive about prims. Concluding from your remark i fear that "arbitrary" can have a negative co notation. Sorry i was not aware of that. Please just read:

"Prims are simple blocks for building almost unlimited creations"

Now i am still very curious about the Maya avatar rig. Is that some official human avatar provided by Autodesk? Or is that a Rig created at Linden Lab by using Maya? Is there any detailed information about that rig available?

And regarding the animation compatibility: As long as we talk about animations for human rigs, i am very confident that a motion transfer tools is available for that, like this one for example:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/help/motion_transfer/

While the example transfers any human rig to the SL Rig i see no problem to provide the opposite (transfer from SL Rig to Sansar Rig) as well.

ChinRey wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

I don't think that is quite true but in a positive way. It seems to me LL actually is paying far more attention to SL issues now than they used to.
:)

No meaning I disagree that LL is paying less attention than they do normally

Gaia Clary wrote:

Concluding from your remark i fear that "arbitrary" can have a negative conotation. Sorry i was not aware of that.

More likely that I misunderstood. English isn't my main language so I had to look it up in a dicitonary.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Now i am still very curious about
the Maya avatar rig
. Is that some officiall Human avatar that is provided by Autodesk? Or isthat a Rig created by Linden Lab by using Maya? Is there any detailed information about that rig available?

Oh, you had to ask! I make houses and plants and such, never had to rig any of those! ;)

Seriously, I was mainly referring to earlier posts in this thread, and countless other posts about Sansar. Medhue Simoni has been particularly passionate about this topic. What is clear is that the default rig for Sansar will be different enough from SL's that animations and rigged wearables can't just be ported. And unless I completely misunderstood, the rig is a special Maya proprietary one.

irihapeti wrote:

No meaning I disagree that LL is paying less attention than they do normally

I know and I agree with you. I just thought it was an understatement. :)

I case some people here disagree with me (although I can't imagine anybody does :matte-motes-tongue: ) - and because I love to rant :matte-motes-wink: - here's my SL experience:

Not counting a brief visit years ago, I first joined SL in spring 2013. At that time SL was still a relatively thriving place full of life. The computer I had back then was an old MacBook Pro and that was all I really needed.

But everything was deteriorating fast. Every "update" seemed to make the performance worse and lessen the experience of being here. And they all seemed to be unfocused, poorly implemented and based more on whimsical isolated "bright ideas" than anything resembling a coherent strategic plan. There were only two exceptions really: SSB was extremely buggy (I lived on a Le Tigre sim at that time and that was not fun at all) but it was a genuine improvement and LL did actually fix the bugs as fast as they could. And Project Interesting, although poorly implemented and so buggy it did more harm than good, was at least a good idea and a bona fide attempt to address the core problems of the grid.

I think January 2014 was one of the lowest, perhaps the lowest, point in SL's history. I've noticed precious few of the newcomers who joined SL that month stayed. I know one or two but there seem to be considerably fewer people with rez days that month than any other month in SL's history.

In February 2014 Ebbe Altberg joined LL as the new CEO. He almost immediately announced the new grid and everybody started worrying about what would happen to SL.

The first thing that did happen was http pipelining and CDN. Old news for the internet as a whole but somehow LL had missed them completely. They were genuine and huge improvements to one of the main problems of the grid and implemented quickly and efficiently.

Then Ebbe announced he had lifted all restriction for Linden Lab empolyees to use Second Life (inadvertently confirming that such restrictions did exist). That may not seem like an important change but it is actually. It means that the Lindens again are a part of Second Life and they seem to take far more pride in the work they do than they used to. I live right next to Linden Village and the change there since that announcement is amazing. From a desolate mess of half finished buuilds and rezzed-and-forgotten prims it has gradually transformed into a really nice village. I still never see anybody there (they must come out when everybody else are asleep) but their presence is still felt and the fact that they obviously care about the place speaks volumes of the attitude change at LL.

Next I think was the mesh newcomer avatars - oh well, nobody's perfect.

Then the experience key. LL rolled out the first prototype in October 2010 and by 2011 it was all but finished. Then they just forgot about it. Until suddenly it turned up again in 2014. This is significant not only because it's a great tool for role play sims but also because it was the first sign of LL reexamining and finishing the many forgotten ideas of the past.

The summer of '14 saw the Big Viewer Library Update. Perhaps one of the most underestimated updates in SL's history. LL hardly mentioned it at all and very few people seemed to have noticed but suddenly lag was down to early 2013 levels! Just for fun I dragged out my old MacBook and for a short while the old lappy performed just as well as it had in my early SL days before finally drew it last pixels and expired peacefully.

Oh, I shold mention: recently - not sure when - they seem to ahve revisted Project Interestign too and finally fixed the most blatant bugs. Better late than never.

Oh well, I could go on and on with examples. My point is, after Sansar was announced, LL has showed a willingness and ability to improve Second Life far beyond what they showed previously. They all now seem to be focused on a common long term target, they're actually finishing one project properly before moving on to the next and they've even started to revisit and finish some of the old great ideas that came to nothing.

The situation is not all rosy red of course. Two LL departments seemed to have been lagging behind but I think LDPW now has caught up with the rest of the organisation and even MP is showing signs of improvement.

And there have been setbacks. That education initiative this spring was LL back to its old habits, great idea but bad timing, poorly executed and a failure really. (Ebbe if you happen to read this, take a look at the old Bowness sim and perhaps a brief glance at Campus too while you're in the area. Then let's talk about how we can really exploit the unrealized potential of SL as a learning platform! ^_^)

Right now SL is still struggling. The grid is still shrinking and getting more and more empty, the viewer's interface is still putting off many newcomers, mesh in general and fitted mesh specifically is causing more and more lag, MP is still in shambles, nobody has yet come up with a way to revitalize the SL economy and bring tiers down to a reasonable level and... (I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who'd love to add to this list ;)

Earlier this year I made a projection of the grid's shrinking. Based on the trend from 2011 I stipulated that the number of sims would drop below 25 000 by September. That didn't happen. Second Life's health is still deteriorating but there are some signs the decline is slowing down and that's of course the first step to recovery.

Back to the question that started this rant: "Is LL allowing problems to go uncheck in secondlife as is in order to make us move to the new SL when it arrives?" Definitely not! They're working harder and better than ever before to improve Second Life. It may be too late but if they fail, it's not because of Sansar.

yes. I was just being a bit neutral about it (:

+

the improvements to SL pretty much started under Rod Humble. Has been a long haul for LL and us for sure, and we now seeing the results of all that hard work. So thats good

the thing he (Rod Humble) did right was to refocus on what it was the company was supposed to be doing. Which was to be a engineering company. Which they LL are at heart. They had kinda lost sight of this a little bit at the time I think

while lots of LL staff can be credited for the engineering progress since, I think the most important hire they made was Oz Linden. As a manager he brought discipline to the engineering teams

in the beginning he had quite a fractious relationship with some of us residents who were into homebrews/tpvs at the time, but was mostly bc homebrewers werent used to working in a disciplined way either. We/they just did what we wanted, however we wanted, as it suited out whims. But after a while most of the tpvs got it, and they been making better viewers themselfs bc of their learning to work in a disciplined way as well. So in that sense we all better off I think

+

engineering is a discipline. That while engineers can be creative and artistic, creative art is also a discipline. That when we dont practice our crafts (arts and sciences) with discipline, then our outputs are not much better than kindy finger paintings. When do approach our work with discipline then we make useful products/objects for people other than the kindy parents

+

for sure is still a long way to go to realize everything that the LL creative engineering teams want to do, but the discipline that has been put on them has I think been quite a relief to them the team members, and they have responded quite positively to this

is measurable this in the visible work LL have produced since they began working this way. And it also shows in the maturity of the indie teams who make the major tpvs for the mainstream. Which also is measurable. All the mainstream tpvs are seriously mature products these days

i read on the GeekDad article that Ebbe has said that they (LL) are now viewing creator in a wider context

that while making actual stuff is kinda unavoidable (bc no stuff no nothing) their emphasis when saying creator is now on mounting the stuff inworld

so thats good

http://geekdad.com/2015/10/project-sansar/

+

Sansar Xp in a box as well. for resales. Hope that comes to SL as well. SL Xp OARs be pretty good I think

irihapeti wrote:

i read on the GeekDad article that Ebbe has said that they (LL) are now viewing creator in a wider context

that while making actual stuff is kinda unavoidable (bc no stuff no nothing) their emphasis when saying creator is now on mounting the stuff inworld

so thats good

+

Sansar Xp in a box as well. for resales. Hope that comes to SL as well. SL Xp OARs be pretty good I think

Very revealing article, and supports what I have suspected and stated before.  Content (experience) creators are the Lab's real customers for Sansar.  The end users will be customers of the content creators.  The lab is really just creating a platform this time (or attempting to), and the end results will be as varied as the creators who step up to create their piece of the virtual universe.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

so thats good

+

Very revealing article, and supports what I have suspected and stated before.  Content (experience) creators are the Lab's real customers for Sansar.  The end users will be customers of the content creators.  The lab is really just creating a platform this time (or attempting to), and the end results will be as varied as the creators who step up to create their piece of the virtual universe.

But herein is the problem.

Way back in the Welcome Ebbe thread the status of Content and Content Creators was brought up.  His reply to the issue was interesting.  And to him it all came down to monitizing the content.

------------------------------------------------

Pamela Galli wrote:

Jo Yardley wrote:

Ebbe Linden wrote:

Brilliant beautiful art and experiences. Tough and sad if it's not commercially viable for us or the resident. 

True however there are some sims that pop up now and then that are so stunning, show such a new and unusual site that it might be something SL should consider supporting or at least help to survive.

It is not all about commerce, it is also about showing new users, the media and everyone else that there are amazing places in SL that are not just about playing Barbie or the hanky panky.

Chalk these up to marketing expense and use them to showcase the best that SL can be.

I was about to reply in a similar vein.  I understand there needs to be a ROI. 

The biggest ROI is showcasing what can be done in SL.

I'm not talking about a lot of places.  And while I know little nooks and crannies, Nemo for instance was something that went above and beyond.  Right now I don't really know any place that equals it.

You wouldn't even need to keep them all on line all the time.  The Lab could build a small library of places to cycle through.

--------------------------------------------

Ebbe's reply:

"Brilliant beautiful art and experiences. Tough and sad if it's not commercially viable for us or the resident."

(It's a fascinating thread worth going back to and rereading. ) 

Ebbe acknowledges that Land in SL is too expensive.  But how can they maintain a solid ROI (for LL) and do Sansar cheaper when everything is factored in and Creators have a solid ROI?

Kenbro Utu wrote

Very revealing article, and supports what I have suspected and stated before.  Content (experience) creators are the Lab's real customers for Sansar.

That's not news actually, it was one of the very first things Ebbe said about Sansar.

But it raises a crucial question: who's gonna pay for it?

There are many experience creators in Second Life today, and from what I've been told there used to be even more. People who make wonderful places for people to come and see and enjoy. And people do come and see and enjoy. What they don't do, is pay.

Ebbe compares Sansar to YouTube and Wordpress. Well, those services are free. It doesn't cost you anything to post a video on YouTube. Is Sansar going to be free for the exeperience creators too? If so, you can definitely count me in! :matte-motes-big-grin:

I'd like to know two things as a creator. One, why isn't there any information for us creators, as real businesses, to prepare for prior to release such as specific building criteria and scripting limitations? Two, if it is going to be like YouTube will we all be slammed by popup ads every few seconds like on YouTube?

MB Robonaught wrote:

I'd like to know two things as a creator. One, why isn't there any information for us creators, as real businesses, to prepare for prior to release such as specific building criteria and scripting limitations? Two, if it is going to be like YouTube will we all be slammed by popup ads every few seconds like on YouTube?

about the first

is not much info yet bc the project is in Alpha. Stuff is still being worked out, the architecture/design and that. When it goes Beta then the architecture will be pretty much worked out

is not much point releasing info at this Alpha stage, info still subject to change. We just have to wait until the Beta when things have solid up a bit

+

about the second

if the Sansar Xps are resident-driven (owned and created) and is possible to addify them then yes. Ads be all over some of the Xps. Same how they are on some sims in SL 

• 5 months later...

The only way I would try sl2 is if I could bring my things from sl1. I think Linden Labs will discover that will be the case with most of us who spend. Why would I just throw away thousands of dollars? In my opinion they should enhance the current game. Then you'll at least keep the customers you already have and still get some new players.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.