Library not loading, can't use new avs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to try out the new animal avatars descvribed in the LL July update, but almost any item in my library says "no options" when I click on it. I presume this means the library invent isn't loading properly, but it persists edven after clearing cache. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or should I file a ticket?

Hi, the library folders have always been a little clunky to work with. Brand new users will get some outfits copied over to their regular inventory automatically, but that does not help with new stuff.

1. Open up a second inventory window. On newer viewers, use Shift+Ctrl+I. On older viewers, open up one inventory window and look in its menu to open a second one.
  2. Go to your regular inventory section in one window, and create some new folders, one for each outfit you want to try.
  3. Go to the second window, down to Library>Clothing>Initial Outfits, and find the avatar you want to try.
  4. Dont' try to select the folder for the avatar, instead open it up and use Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select all of the items in the folder. (We can copy separate items from the library but not whole folders, boo!)
  5. Drag the selected stack of items over to the other inventory window, onto one of the new folders you made.
  6. Now you can select the new folder and do a replace outfit.
  7. Stand back a minute and curse how clumsy this is.

If you drag a Library avatar folder onto your avatar it should automatically create a copy folder in your inventory and put the avatar on you.

Its best to do it in a non laggy place( such as on Smith) the first time you use them because it is doing things and can be slow, but once the folder exists in your inventory it is as fast as any other one after that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.