Lets discuss - SL last names post from Rodvik Linden in the feeds.

DQ Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, and that roundtable discussion he promised, yeah, that's not happening either

rodvik.linden Hey folks, as I mentioned to some of you over the weekend I am going to do the next roundtable stuff in private one on one's rather than as a free for all. That makes it more low key and doesnt turn it into something which is contentious. Thanks for all the feedback.

https://my.secondlife.com/rodvik.linden

So that's cool and all, except that it is another broken promise, it is not a round table, and I doubt he will have the time to speak to everyone one on one.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leyna wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

If someone says they are terribly distraught over something, I don't have to believe it.  Especially, if the over-dramatic "feeling" is way out of proportion to the event.    Some people like to make hyperbolic-dramatic statements, and blow things way out of proportion.  Also, known as, "
Making a mountain, out of a mole hill
".  

I understand your point, I really do.  If I've been around someone long enough to know that being Chicken LIttle is a way of life for them (and it doesn't take long for that to become apparent) chances are I'll be long gone by the time something truly serious does occur and I won't hear what they have to say.  

There are times when the thing that appears to be blown out of proportion is just the straw that's broken the camel's back for that person or people. 
For many folks who are really upset about how the name decision played out, I'm seeing a history of thier frustrations with LL, I don't believe the intense feelings are purely about the last names. That's just my take on it. 

I did say "I have to believe" when saying "I choose to believe" would be more accurate.  I tend to take people at face value until I have reason to believe otherwise.  Because I take my time in getting to know people, this works out fine for me. 

*smiles*  I like you

Adur Gaelyth wrote:

So all this preaching and ranting is because somebody said "sickened" instead of "disappointed"? I see. Talking about over-reactions...

Oh, you must mean the people who replied to my little initial comment, in this thread.    I agree, they over-reacted.  : )  

No, I am fairly certain they were referring to you. You should take a look at your quote, is it not ironic that those who claim to be intellectual often are not?

Demonsthenes wrote:

Adur Gaelyth wrote:

So all this preaching and ranting is because somebody said "sickened" instead of "disappointed"? I see. Talking about over-reactions...

Oh, you must mean the people who replied to my little initial comment, in this thread.    I agree, they over-reacted.  : )  

No, I am fairly certain they were referring to you. You should take a look at your quote, is it not ironic that those who claim to be intellectual often are not?

Uh,....you don't get humor or irony do you?   lol

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Oh, and that roundtable discussion he promised, yeah, that's not happening either

rodvik.linden Hey folks, as I mentioned to some of you over the weekend I am going to do the next roundtable stuff in private one on one's rather than as a free for all. That makes it more low key and doesnt turn it into something which is contentious. Thanks for all the feedback.

So that's cool and all, except that it is another broken promise, it is not a round table, and I doubt he will have the time to speak to everyone one on one.

Char- let me know when you get your invite, and I will let you know when I get mine.

JustOneMore Loon wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Char- let me know when you get your invite, and I will let you know when I get mine.

No problem. No need to exchange contact info though, I doubt we'll be needing it.

Why does he think it would be contentious?:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

• 4 months later...

Well, I'm going to do something odd and reply to the first post, as that generally lists what the thread is about.  Personally, I would really want to see last names come back. I loved seeing groups like the Forwzy Family and the Larnia Lineage (yes, I made those up), and it was always a nice topic to start conversation with, if you met a 'brother' or 'sister'.

As for the community titles (yes, Cinn, you can have Official SL Mischief Maker), I think they would be as big a mistake as the old rating system.  Not to mention that community titles exist.  Those communities are commonly referred to as "groups" - most of them now without functional chat, but that is another issue.

As so much seems to happen on "The Feeds", wherever these mythical flows of information may be, I am not quite clear as to the current status.  Would anyone be so kind as to post a short summary or the latest link to "The Feeds"?

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.