Is it technologically possible to have a bot as an interactive partner???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure many like myself have been in and out of the sl dating scene.  I personally am looking for a better alternative.  Is it possible in sl to have a bot boyfriend that interacts with you and that you can control?

If anyone makes something like this I am willing to purchase one.  :smileyhappy:

and I am not making this thread as an analyses of dating, why I want to control a man, etc., I just want to know if the option is out there.  That would be awesome if so!!!

Thanks!

First of, please allow me to giggle a little...

*laughs like a stupid hyena*

In theory it may be possible but you will have to wear a HUD all the time when you are with him. The problem is, your boyfriend would not be able to sense your human heart let alone your avatar so there must be some command keys and keywords that your boyfriend can sense and based on that the reaction or response will be projected.

This is not easy, we need the combined collaborative work of a good scripter, animator and a psychologist who are experts in Men-tology. Research will be conducted for at least one year to study Male behaviour and reaction based on a situation. It must then be approved by FDA or the Pope or the guy with the Tin Foil (Scientology?) that these are authentic studies. Then, the scripters and the animators will work their asses off trying to code your boyfriend to perfection. It may take years to build depending on how fast the guys at Linden Lab at solving the Jiras for any bugs or code fixes that needs to be done.

This will take so much time and money by the time it finally comes out, You will probably already settled with the second best choice, the current SL males we have now.

Kind of playing with a rubber doll i guess.

There are people who are partnered to their own alts, to avoid getting harassed, and surely, you can have 2 viewers up and control both AV`s but does that make sense?

Sure the "Dating Scene" in SL is 98% Blenders & Players, but there are some, realy genue loving people out there. (I know, cause i met the woman of my life here), i suggest, give them a chance.

Just dont do one thing: "Go out Dating". Do whatever you like else whatever hobby you like, whever it is. Chances are fine, you meet people you can connect with on more than "I seem a date".

LindsayLovely wrote:

I'm sure many like myself have been in and out of the sl dating scene.  I personally am looking for a better alternative.  Is it possible in sl to have a bot boyfriend that interacts with you and that you can control?

If anyone makes something like this I am willing to purchase one.  :smileyhappy:

and I am not making this thread as an analyses of dating, why I want to control a man, etc., I just want to know if the option is out there.  That would be awesome if so!!!

Thanks!

Hi, it is possible, and it is not too hard too do these days. The software off the shelf is much easier to use than it was a few years ago! What you get will be closer to a talking puppy than a boyfriend, but maybe that is what you want to try? :)

If you want to play with the idea, get a copy of the Radegast client. It is pretty slick for a text client, you will feel at home if you were used to viewer 1. You can play with the Plugins>ALICE Chatbot menu to make him converse, it may wirk better if you use "respond without name". He will not be a brilliant conversationlist, but he'll talk all about you and not use txtspk.

There are some remote follow, sit, etc. tools built in on the client, but they are a little limited. Radegast has RLV, so you can put an Open Collar on him, those can be made invisible, and there is even an "implant" version that is made to be invisible.This could make it a little easier to get him to dress appropriately and follow you across sims, there is even a huigger built in. Both the collar and the client have functions built in to handle things like sitting on stuff, what is easier will depend on your preferences.

There are some paid bot services for SL, their capabilities are pretty close to what I just described.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.