Incredibly new to ALL of this

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ah. I was thinking that you Americans use the word 'jello' for what we call jam. It seems that you use it for what we call jelly. You probably use the word 'preserve' for jam.

My I posted it with reference to a post that Rhonda wrote in another thread, and I have to admit that I didn't quite get why if would be an 'interesting' idea to be in suit made for two - with jam :)

To answer your question - you know where I live. Or at least you should know.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LOL, Pam is right.  In my early SL days (a long time ago now) me and friends would jump off platforms thousands of feet in the air sometimes with parachutes, most times with nothing lol.  We also did other risky things that would kill you in RL just for the thrill of it, lol.  

I too envy new people and the adventures they have in front of them, although after 10 years I still enjoy SL.

:matte-motes-smile: My fun was picking dresses with flexi skirts based on how aesthetically pleasing their poof was during free fall. I fell off of everything so I made it my feature, not a bug. :matte-motes-smile: I had an inventory full for random free stuff (oh the bloat) so I could do things like pull a diving board out at a moment's notice to put on the roof to jump off of. Then one day a nearby house disappeared and some furniture was left up in the air, which I truly could not fathom HOW that could possibly work, but the sofa was a Very Good height for jumping off of to get a lovely artistic fall/dusting oneself off combo.

Then one day I fell off a bridge and discovered the wonders of walking around under water. The sim owner was a Very Nice lady who was ever so worried about me down there.

It was like being 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 again, except without parents. :matte-motes-smile:

By my personal definition, the OP is a newbie, not a noob.

Newbies are inexperienced, prone to mistakes, and curious; but most importantly, eager to learn. Newbies are invaluable.

Noobs are know-it-alls, prone to blaming everyone and everything else for their mistakes, demanding of attention, and never seem to learn. Noobs are ten a penny. 

Newbies remind you of what it's like to learn and struggle. Noobs remind you of the Mute button.

Kelli May wrote:

Newbies are inexperienced, prone to mistakes, and curious; but most importantly, eager to learn.
Newbies are invaluable.

Noobs are know-it-alls, prone to blaming everyone and everything else for their mistakes, demanding of attention, and never seem to learn. Noobs are ten a penny. 

Newbies remind you of what it's like to learn and struggle. Noobs remind you of the Mute button.

How true! 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Newbies are inexperienced, prone to mistakes, and curious; but most importantly, eager to learn.
Newbies are invaluable.

How true! 

It is, and I'll think more carefully about my use of the terms. I've edited my post here.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.