I want to remove some driver animtaons from boat

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It can be as simple as editing the boat, choosing "edit linked prims", and looking through each prim in turn until you find animations in the contents. However, simply removing them is likely to cause script errors when the script tries to play them. A better approach is to rename them, and copy in another animation or two, naming them for the renamed animations. Again, you may run into problems here if the sit position and sit rotation for the earlier animations are not the same as the replacement animations. For this reason, I recommend you rename rather than delete the original animations.

It has stopped working because it cannot now find two animations. What you could try doing is copying the c animation to a folder, renaming it first to l and copying that back into the prim, then rename it to r and copy it back, so you cve "c", "l" and "r" inside the prim to keep the script happy.

I have mostly sailboats and am not familiar with Michie Marine.

If scripts are mod (not probable), it is posible to change poses and adjust the new ones in it.

Another possibility. You said that the boat has 3 poses: "C", "L" and "R". Try rename "L" and "R" to any other name, and make 2 copies of "C", renaming them as "L" and "R", and put those "new" poses in the boat. This should make the trick.

(and just ignore the trolls) :matte-motes-wink:

Didnt know steering is scripted to move slihtly, as for the driver animations when I renamed it the avatar kept getting up from her seat when turning left or right and a pop up showing script error saying it cant find the scrip whatever l and whatever r. 

Sounds like the script is trying to find those animations you renamed and when it doesn't find them it gives an error. Did you make two copies of the "C" animation and rename them to "L" and "R" ? This should cause the script to see the "L" and "R" animations again but play the "C" animation.

Bebejee, why do you want to remove those poses? Because of the “jumping” effect when you do a quick change?

I had this problem when making a similar thing in one of my boats, as I (Lucy, my alt) said here, with the solution:

http://orcasl.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/so-simpleafter-you-find-solution-in.html?q=jumping

But to fix this you should modify the script, that is no mod. Just removing the poses causes an error in the script when it tries to find the lost poses.

Or you do what Bree said, and I tested it – works, or stay with them:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Whe I right click on the animations it does not show a copy option in the menu, so how do I make copies? I bet the troll will have  good laugh at this one.

I want to get rid of the turn animations of driver, but not sit one.

Drag and drop the "mm_boat18c" from boat's inventory to yours:

Make a 2nd copy in you inventory, rename them as "mm_boat18l" and "mm_boat18r"; delete "...l" and "...r" in boat's inventory; put the renamed poses from your inventory into boat's. It's done :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Oh, I saw this too :matte-motes-frown:

The trick

1. Edit the boat but before starting to substitute the animations, go to menu "Build/Scripts/Set scripts to not running" (in your viewer it can be slightly different - mine is Firefox with Vintage skin)

Then substitute the animations; go back in "Menu/Scripts"; Reset scripts and Set scripts to running.

Wish this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.