I made a second life community teamspeak server

brent209

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

brent209 wrote:

samething but some popele dont like it tho cuz it uses alot of internet and cpu  on some poeples PC

Oh, been a while since I could tell people to stop using their toasters as computers...

Gamers have been running teamspeak alongside their games for years now. If you can't, it's time for a new computer.

Gadget Portal wrote:

Same applies to Skype as Teamspeak.

Not necessarily, He is right in the matter of Teamspeak pulling a lot less than skype. Though the CPU differences aren't noticeable, it more comes into play when you look at your bandwidth allocation. Skype for some reason likes to pull more for the same voice quality as teamspeak, but then again SL does have voice integrated which makes it all a bit redundent. Good idea for a community of people on SL who are looking to chat without lag etc, but for everyone on sl? Not such a good idea. It would be too hard to create such a fad.

TS is one of the older ones..but good ones =)

we used to use it back in UT..skype came  a few years later..

a lot used TS because it didn't lag you out like the other program that was around..VT i believe it was..something like that..bleh i forget it's name..

plus at the time it was free..

it's neat to still see it around..i used to have a blast on there...

oh another one that was fun and good  was xfire which a lot switched to.. because you could find people in other games that were on your list and join up with them or hit them up while being in another game..

plus you could log into games from it if i remember right..that and it kept your stats in each game..

still TS was the best for least lag though..not sure how it is now..

wow it brings back good memories just hearing it's name lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.