I'm seeing mesh bodies as white or black

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I've been searching this forum, as it appears others have had similar issues. Just in the last 10 days I am suddenly seeing some of my friends and others, who have mesh bodies, as if they are covered in either black or white. Mostly white, but saw a friend today who black from her neckline across her chest and to her wrists. I could sort of see the lines that she was wearing a bikini, where her skin was black. I have seen tips on her from enabling "basic shades" to "hardware skinning," which was already enabled.  So far, nothing has helped fix this. One friend was able to fix the issue of how I saw her from her end by click "rebake textures," but that hasn't worked for others. This has been an issue on several viewers I have tried, incliding the native viewer, Firestorm and Singularity.  I've claned my cache and rebooted several times as well. HELP!!

Windows 7 machine.

I have seen this too so your not alone. I have a freind that wears a tattoo for upper body and he appears black and white. I always thought it was his connection being weak or just poor textures on the tattoo creators part. I hope someone will chime in with a answer as I am curious to know what it might be. :)

You failed to mention what video card you are using. There are problems with some rendering some mesh.

The black or white when dealing with mesh  body clothing layers sounds like the Open GL glitxh. You could ask the person to turn on the alpha mask on their underwear layer and see if that helps. It's especially predominant when you have applier clothing on over a tat.

Tattoos cause the avatar to look black or white, it has nothing to do with the viewer, when i put a tattoo layer on the mesh project body it caused me to appear black or white to alot of others, so really if you do not have a smart reply , just sarcastic remarks, its better not to reply because thats not helpful to others

Rayah Marenwolf wrote:

if you do not have a smart reply , just sarcastic remarks, its better not to reply because thats not helpful to others

If you want help, go to the Answers section; this is the General Discussion forum, and if anybody starts a thread here it can be discussed generally.

Alec - being helpful, but not being helpful is much more fun

• 2 weeks later...

If you are seeing mesh avatars as white or black and it's under water, they have a layer using Mask Mode and odds are that you do not have Advanced Lighting Mode enabled.

If it worked before and suddenly stopped working, though not always the case of course, but the most likely cause is that you have an AMD video card that auto-updated drivers.  If so, replace them with the 15.x drivers. And make sure you have at least Basic Shaders and Hardware Skinning enabled.

There are other things that can do it, of course, but that covers the vast majority of cases.

The OpenGL alpha glitch will cause layers or parts of layers to disappear. Seeing black or white is nothing to do with the tattoo or clothing layer, it's purely a video card issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.