I'm new and 16 years old. I want know popular G areas to go to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that users under 18 can not go to moderate and adult places (which I'm cool with) but where can I go? Every place I try to go through a portal I can't go. I believe because it's trying to send me to a restricted place. So where do I go and how? I'm currently stuck on social island.

Welcome to SL. There should a lot of amusement parks and kids areas (for kid avatars, not necessarily minors) and stuff that are G rated. I think a lot of people rate for M, since they feel like they can't control behaviour enough, and wwant to err on the side of caution. I know this is true for at least one RP elementary school, since the principal just wanted to make sure nothing happened ratings wise. But there are still a lot of G sims.

I can't think any names right now, but if you IM me, I can send you some landmarks.

G rated sims are not uncommon - there are several around where my land is (mainland) - but whether or not there is anything worthwhile in them is another matter. For instance, right next to my land there is the Juliet sim, but there's nothing of any interest in it. The expanses of water is G rated so you could take up sailing :)

You can easily find G rated mainland sims by opening the map and moving your mouse over the sims so that they show their ratings.

Drew Bhalti wrote:

I recommend Luskwood.  oldest furry community in SL since 2003.

This is a pure G rated sim and community standards and TOS are followed. 

That area is indeed G rated. And there you will find a multitude of people willing and ready to guide 16yo & new prospects to 'less' G rated areas, so to speak.

wherorangi wrote:

the continent that Nix is on is the old Teen Grid so all the sims are G 

Right, and another contiguous cluster of G-rated sims from the old Teen Grid is the "west end" of Bay City, in the general vicinity of Bay City - Harwich.

In a couple weeks, SL13B will open, which is G-rated and very popular.

Radium Soup wrote:

Drew Bhalti wrote:

I recommend Luskwood.  oldest furry community in SL since 2003.

This is a pure G rated sim and community standards and TOS are followed. 

That area is indeed G rated. And there you will find a multitude of people willing and ready to guide 16yo & new prospects to 'less' G rated areas, so to speak.

OP can only go on G sims. They cant be guided into less G-rated areas of the grid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.