I don't see any fun in Second Life anymore :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Where did all the fun go from Second Life for me? I used to be a noob and exploring  all the interesting places and was trying out different things all the time...

But now I only work work work and work. Lots of work.

So where did fun go :matte-motes-not-entertained: 

when you turn something you love into work it is only a matter of time..

i made a choice awhile back..i could become a slave to it or take a good break and come back refreshed..

it is working so far..

thats what works for me..you may be a whole different  animal  and need something else..

I am a different animal :(

I think that a million USD would save me from slavery. Not yet sure how inflated is buyout price from slavery but I can only hope that by the time I get at least close to a million it won't be inflated  :matte-motes-not-even:    not worthy.

AmyNevilly wrote:

I know but it was very very hard to earn 1L

SL is so complicated and techy and I'm a girl.......:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Someone ought to come up with a cool way to help people earn a few $L - like a money hunt or something. I'm surprised no-one has thought of that. They'd need a way to market it too to get people interested I guess. I suppose it would be relatively easy to market with a few banners thrust in people's faces though.

It could even help people get traffic to their land. Except, of course, traffic is irrelevant to search ranking now and traffic gaming is also banned.

:smileyindifferent:

(Ok, i'll stop now because I feel naughty and slightly trollish, but I couldn't resist!)

"traffic is irrelevant "

But that is absurd... having a traffic flow through virtual land is as important as traffic flow on webpages on internet.  Everything is measured by the traffic rate...

So saying that traffic is irrelevant is just absurd. We're leaving the zone of this topic which is actually about feeling no fun anymore... :matte-motes-not-entertained:

Wili Clip wrote:

Where did all the fun go from Second Life for me? I used to be a noob and exploring  all the interesting places and was trying out different things all the time...

But now I only work work work and work. Lots of work.

So where did fun go :matte-motes-not-entertained: 

The fun didn't go, Wili. You just don't allow yourself to have any of it any more :matte-motes-frown:

A change - they say - is as good as a rest.

I liked Peewee's idea of creating an alt to go and explore with.

Second Life is still fun, honestly!

Suella Ember wrote:

AmyNevilly wrote:

I know but it was very very hard to earn 1L

SL is so complicated and techy and I'm a girl.......:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Someone ought to come up with a cool way to help people earn a few $L - like a money hunt or something. I'm surprised no-one has thought of that. They'd need a way to market it too to get people interested I guess. I suppose it would be relatively easy to market with a few banners thrust in people's faces though.

It could even help people get traffic to their land. Except, of course, traffic is irrelevant to search ranking now and traffic gaming is also banned.

:smileyindifferent:

(Ok, i'll stop now because I feel naughty and slightly trollish, but I couldn't resist!)

There used to be something called Hoppy Pay that paid you to just explore. It was great. It was a HUD, you clicked on it, and it gave you a destination to go to.  It didn't pay a great deal, but it was no effort to use, and kept me in shoes for the first few weeks of my life.

But DON'T MENTION TRAFFIC !!!!!! (I am laughing, in spite of feeling too hot and bothered and rather sour out here in RL).

SL is still as much fun as ever it was - more in fact now I've fine-tuned my stalking techniques (hehehehe)

Thats it! I think that I need vacations. I've been sitting in front of computer and coding systems  for days and days - even broke my chair from all that scripting.

I really need some sea and sun and good food  :matte-motes-asleep: 

Sounds like you may need to hire yourself some help, may help your progress and give you some time to take a break. 

<-------------------------------hire me-------------------------------------->

am not trying to say anything, but if yoru buisness is succesful enough that you can ....get a manager or such, it would help your bottom line of fun...and profits as you dont get sick of it and end up with nothing when you leave SL all togeather.

I do not think you need to create an alt to have fun.  Just set aside some time for it and do it.  You can set yourself to 'busy' if you need to and leave people a message saying you are exploring and will be back later.

If you are not enjoying your SL, you need only look into a mirror and see why.  Good luck!

It looks as if you and your business partner Amy are having a ton of fun playing people in the forums....in order to get your business off the ground.

There are a ton of fun things to do and places to go in Second Life, and as someone who owns an advertising network, you should be well aware of that.  Not much confidence in plugging into a network that doesn't have a clue about all the cool places to visit.

Rather than deceive the people in forum with your chit-chat back and forth and asking questions....perhaps plug all those cool places that are advertising with you.

If I had a scenic venue with lots of fun activities....and I saw the person I had just placed an ad with coming into forum and asking where all the fun places were....I might be a tad perturbed.

I also wouldn't want to advertise with someone who can't find fun in Second Life anymore.  I would want to advertise with someone who is exhuberant about the venue and has tons of energy promoting (exception to that rule, would be spamming forum and using people)

they may want to check the guidelines out..

just saying..

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.

So how many people have banners enabled anyway? It took me a couple of threads from these two to figure out what others were talking about.

I haven't seen a banner in very long time. They were annoying, so I disabled them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.