I am having issues with Paypal please help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay this is frustrating me. First off when I try to connect my paypal account with my SL account it says I need to connect a bank account. I am not going to do that because in the past I got my account broken into and my money was taken I had to delete my account, also paypal never returned my money.  I want to know how to by pass this because its not fair that I put money into my paypal which I took the time to create and save. Plus what if I wanted to use my paypal to pay for premium you will loss a paying consumer. I love SL but it would not be my fault if I can't pay for it. Please help I am upset that I keep having issues with my billing info.   How can I connect my account without a bank account connected, I have it all set up and ready. GRRRR! 

Also all I was trying to do was buy $L and set up my info for future use. Thank you. Sorry if I seam upset but I will be even more upset if I need a bank account contacted to my paypal and for safety reasons.  

You MUST have a Paypal account backed by a credit card or bank account and verified that Paypal can draw against them for instant payment. 

LL will not wait around for you to add money, if you do not have enough money to pay your bills when due.  It can take several days unless you have a verified account.  It is a fair position for them to take because after all when you buy $L's or premium membership, you get the benefits immediately, so LL should be paid immediately.  The only way they can be instantly assured they will be is with a verified Paypal or Credit card.

It is your choice not to have a verified Paypal account.  You also have the option of using a credit card instead.  I and millions of others have one or both and never had any issues with LL over it nor has anyone ever stole anything from me because I have put the PIOF.  The exception are the people foolish enough to give their password to someone or used an easy to guess one.

Okay will I do have a card on my account that's why I am confused why its not working. Also I didn't blame SL for PayPal problems I just was upset at the fact I am having a lot of issues with this I did from the beginning. That has nothing to do with SL. I don't trust paypal and I didn't want to use them in the first place but I had no choice. I couldn't find anything else to use because I am not well off and its a big thing for me to be able to afford SL. Also I am sorry that my last post was will upsetting I am having a bad day today. Please don't take it personal okay its my own issues. I could have said things different but it was to late to change that. 

I think I need to call paypal and get them to verify by mail then I can get it to work without issues. Thank you for taking your to respond. I am very grateful to even get help like I do on here. You guys reasoned very fast and I am happy to get such help. 

We all have bad days, so no harm done.

If you have a credit card associated with your PayPal account, just make sure it is the primary source.  Note that pre paid cards are not acceptable to having a verified account. 

You should contact paypal if you have a valid credit card and they haven't verified your account to see what is going on.  They should be able to tell you if there are any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Pay-pal for years in SL, and getting it set up is a royal PITA, but !! If you run into obstacles, their site at Pay-Pal is not very customer friendly, i call them, tell them what problem im having, and someone nice in their customer service dept seems to always be able to help.  I feel its a much safer form of payment in SL where account hacking is so prevalent, they would also have to hack your PP account to get very much money out of it. Also its a real good idea to set a limit in Pay Pal as to what can be spent in the game, that might save you some heart ache later as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.