I am a fool?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I met someone, After 2 weeks, wanted me to move in has premium account, is in a linden home.  I did move in (per se).

While looking at profile, web shows pics of me THEN I see a pic IN THE HOUSE of him with someone else recently.  Well, I was shocked.

What should I do?  

BTW  noticed sometimes name not on dashboard but inworld listed as 'offline'

Why are you "shocked"?

You chatted with some stranger in a virtual online world for just two weeks and he just asked you, if you like to share his virtual dollhouse with him. Let that sink in, in exactly this perspective.

You know nothing about him, you are not in love with him. You are not moving into his real life house, but in a virtual house, which also happens to not even be very personal, since its just a Linden Home.

I strongly advice you to not get attached and over the moon with someone you met recently in an online world. Thats not really healthy and could even make it hard to establish solid relationships and friendships here, because it might scare people away, if you act like you met your soulmate each time.

Also...about what kind of picture are we talking here? Isn't he allowed to bring other people to his house, now that you moved in? Is there any vaild hint that he is doing something questionable? And if so, is it clear to him that it will upset you? Maybe he sees the situation between you and him completely different than you do.

To your other question: One can hide the online status inworld, so its shown as offline when you open their profile. But as you have seen its still possible to see if they are really online.

First off, many new residents have the exact same home as your friend. Take a walk around your friend's Linden home and you will see that his neighbors houses look similar. The picture may not be in his house unless you recognize the furniture and decorations specific to his home.

Second, a picture in a profile does not show if there is any kind of relationship going on. You should check for any incriminating text or behavior from your friend.

Thirdly, it could be nothing and your excessive distrust may be the only cause for your relationship to fail. Try not to jump to conclusions.

The answer is "yes" because you think everybody sees SL and SL relations like you. That is not the case.

Some take it serious, for some everything in SL is just a game. Some think they know another person in SL but all they have seen is an avatar and a little chat. Some think about the person in front of the monitor and the avatar as 2 completely different persons. For some it's the same person.

You need to talk more about that things with your partners and be aware that you will still know nothing about the other person.

moonlight1135 wrote:

When I moved in he namedit ### and moonlights house

And that changes absolutly nothing about the answer I have given to you. But you don't really seem to interested in any of the replies here, so I probably wasted my time.

moonlight1135 wrote:

I did move in (
per se
).

Emphasis mine, because I'm trying to imagine what meaning a parenthetical "per se" was intended to add to that sentence. The OP's first language may not be English, but then "per se" isn't native English either, and anyway this isn't to find fault with anybody's expression. I'm just trying to discover what shade of meaning was missing from "I did move in" that "(per se)" was supposed to remedy.

Qie Niangao wrote:

moonlight1135 wrote:

I did move in (
per se
).

Emphasis mine, because I'm trying to imagine what meaning a parenthetical "per se" was intended to add to that sentence. The OP's first language may not be English, but then "per se" isn't native English either, and anyway
this isn't to find fault with anybody's expression
. I'm just trying to discover what shade of meaning was missing from "I did move in" that "(per se)" was supposed to remedy.

Perhaps "pro tem"?

When you are semi-literate in one language it tends to leak out into others, especially dead ones.

ZoeTick wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

moonlight1135 wrote:

I did move in (
per se
).

Emphasis mine, because I'm trying to imagine what meaning a parenthetical "per se" was intended to add to that sentence. The OP's first language may not be English, but then "per se" isn't native English either, and anyway
this isn't to find fault with anybody's expression
. I'm just trying to discover what shade of meaning was missing from "I did move in" that "(per se)" was supposed to remedy.

Perhaps "pro tem"?

When you are semi-literate in one language it tends to leak out into others, especially dead ones.

I vote for "so to speak".  

you should talk with him about what makes you uncomfortable, he probably invited you to live with him because he likes your presence, it make his days better to see you, probably you both want to live as best as possible together without much bothering things to deal with.

maybe he didnt thought that what he did would bother you, if it bothers you too much, you can mention it to him and maybe he is not going to do it anymore, if its important to him to keep doing it, you can either live with it and not give it too much importance, or maybe you could warn him that that action makes it unable for you to live with him.

i really hope you both can agree in solving those obstacles and have an agreement that benefit both.

No you're not a fool. SL is alluring as it is addicting and it can trigger intense emotions. I too, when I was a newbie I fell hook line and "stinker" for my landlord. He played me a fool for a good long time. Others tricked me, teased me and promised the moon and back. You'll get your sea legs and if you want to have a grand romance, you can...but it will eventually end if you're not looking for real life, or he isn't. Somehow for many, it's love like no other until one of the partners wants to take it out of SL...then it's Skype, emails,, texting until you really are having an affair (or if neither married, a romance). I beg to differ to those who preach how SL is a game, when they are crying the loudest that it's not a game when someone says, or "SL is a gaime." No, it's a medium. And the people we meet here can open our hearts and eyes...and we can find love. If you do, remember it's easy for people to get away with what they could never do in real life. Anyways... I jumped in after 2 years single and had a long long partnership of 4 years. In the end it was devastating for both of us. Tread carefully...Second Life is like no other experience I can explain, and that loving that other person can haunt your for years after a break up. Try for fun and save moving in with someone. I always had them (very few) live with me, that way, I had more control. Best of luck.

Yes you are, but feel in good company. Most of us have been taken for either a roll in the hay or money at one time or another in this goofy place. Just be aware anywhere on the net,  the anonymity of anyone behind a keyboard allows them myriads of space to lie, cheat and steal. Unless you've known someone a good long time, and even then, i would keep my guard up. The internet is what it is, and it usually pans out more times than not,  to be a very untrustworthy place.

Are you a "fool"?  No, but you are naive.

You expected your own script to be followed, without discussing the script with the other player.

It's easy to jump into things in SL, but just as easy to open a dialog.  Talk to person who invited you into their house.  None of us know the person, the circumstances (other than your version), or the person in the picture.   We can only give the most general of advice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.