How do you report an mp store for fraud?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a store on the mp that shows a picture of an item but deliveres a piece of garbage instead. Apparently this happens with all their items, I found out reading reviews. They also steal other vendors pics so people will fall for this scheme as I also found out. How do you report the store? I bought an item and I flagged it but it's still there. I think people who buy aren't reporting because the items are extremely cheap,  but this is a ploy for the seller since they will get a lot of buyers that won't bother to report.

I do not think you can report an entire store. But you can flag items within the store. Just go to the item's Marketplace page, look at the right-hand side, and just under the Facebook like button should be a ltitle red flag and next to it should say "flag this item."

Also you may want to file an abuse report by logging onto SL, then under the "help" tab, you can select "file abuse claim" or whatever it's called. Not entirely sure as i'm not looking directly at it.

i think you can do nearly nothing. You can complain to the seller if his creations don't work, but that's pretty it.

You can NOT ..well you can, but nothing will be done, send reports for him using other peoples pics.

Only the one who has the rights on the pics can file a dmca. Thats why most people don't report, it's simply not their/your responsibility or business.

You are not involved so most likely your reports will go to trash as soon they'r read.

magickspell wrote:

There is a store on the mp that shows a picture of an item but deliveres a piece of garbage instead. Apparently this happens with all their items, I found out reading reviews. They also steal other vendors pics so people will fall for this scheme as I also found out. How do you report the store? I bought an item and I flagged it but it's still there. I think people who buy aren't reporting because the items are extremely cheap,  but this is a ploy for the seller since they will get a lot of buyers that won't bother to report.

So you found a vendor advertising BS, using the ripped content of others and nobody is interested in reports?

Welcome to your first day in SL.

There were no reviews on the product I bought but afterwards I checked the store and saw other reviews for other products. Not every product had a review and they have tons of products like 20 something pages so after going through pages I found reviews. So there's your answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Plenty of stores like that about.

My latest favourite is the female sock account of an eltie SL seller, (who apparently has access to all SL accounts on this IP), who likes to sell textures on prims, but advertise them as 3D. She spammed my 1 alt along with other existing SL accounts at this multi-user IP address in a bid to shut down the reviews.

Most of the images are also copyrighted images she has stolen from other sites.

To make it even more heinous, her use of keyword spam clogs up many categories on the SLMP.

My only response was to make a cup of coffee, and flag each and every listing that was misrepresented - the only real flag that could be used was the spamming of keywords (as no option exists for misrepresentation of a product).

A 100 or so clicks later, after my finger was breaking off - all the product listings and store still remains.

Most of the items are $0 to $1 listings, which leads users into purchasing items $20 to $50L for exactly the same one-prim- textured non-3D item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.