How can I set a gift for one group?

Jada Tammas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I used this sctipt on my land.

// Group gift / join script released into public domain by Qie Niangao, 2009.key GROUP_KEY = "GROUP_KEY";// Get the GROUP_KEY from its web page, found with// Search / All or from// http://search.secondlife.com/web/search/groups/?q="Group Name"// At the bottom of the group's web page is its URL,// the end of the URL is the group's key.string GIVING_MSG = "Thanks for your interest, and please enjoy your gift!";string JOIN_MSG = "You need to be a member of the group to get the gift.  If you're not a member, type Control-H to get the chat history, and click on the following blue-highlighted text, then Join.  ";string NOT_ACTIVE_MSG = "Or perhaps you're already a member and just don't have this group active at the moment; if so, click on the following text, choose the group from the list, and Activate.  ";string FOLDER_NAME = "Gift from Group Name";// ____________________________________________// END OF STUFF MOST USERS WOULD WANT TO CHANGE// --------------------------------------------string GROUP_URI = "secondlife:///app/group/";list giftContents;default{    state_entry()    {        // In lieu of other specs, we'll just give everything in the object's inventory except this script        // in a new folder named FOLDER_NAME.        integer invIdx = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL) - 1;        string scriptName = llGetScriptName();        for (; invIdx >= 0; invIdx--)        {            string invItemName = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, invIdx);            if (invItemName != scriptName)                giftContents += invItemName;        }        if ([] == giftContents)            state no_contents;        else            llWhisper(0, "Will give folder named \"" + FOLDER_NAME + "\" containing these items: "                + llDumpList2String(giftContents, ", "));    }    changed(integer change)    {        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)            llResetScript();    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        key toucher = llDetectedKey(0);        if (llSameGroup(toucher))        {            llInstantMessage(toucher, GIVING_MSG);            llGiveInventoryList(toucher, FOLDER_NAME, giftContents);            return;        }        llInstantMessage(toucher, JOIN_MSG + GROUP_URI + (string)GROUP_KEY + "/about\n"            + NOT_ACTIVE_MSG + GROUP_URI + "list/show");    }}state no_contents{    state_entry()    {        llWhisper(DEBUG_CHANNEL, "Nothing to give; please add one or more gift items.");    }    changed(integer change)    {        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)            llResetScript();    }}

On 20/08/2016 at 9:25 PM, Jules1979 said:

I used this sctipt on my land.

// Group gift / join script released into public domain by Qie Niangao, 2009.key GROUP_KEY = "GROUP_KEY";// Get the GROUP_KEY from its web page, found with// Search / All or from// http://search.secondlife.com/web/search/groups/?q="Group Name"// At the bottom of the group's web page is its URL,// the end of the URL is the group's key.string GIVING_MSG = "Thanks for your interest, and please enjoy your gift!";string JOIN_MSG = "You need to be a member of the group to get the gift.  If you're not a member, type Control-H to get the chat history, and click on the following blue-highlighted text, then Join.  ";string NOT_ACTIVE_MSG = "Or perhaps you're already a member and just don't have this group active at the moment; if so, click on the following text, choose the group from the list, and Activate.  ";string FOLDER_NAME = "Gift from Group Name";// ____________________________________________// END OF STUFF MOST USERS WOULD WANT TO CHANGE// --------------------------------------------string GROUP_URI = "secondlife:///app/group/";list giftContents;default{    state_entry()    {        // In lieu of other specs, we'll just give everything in the object's inventory except this script        // in a new folder named FOLDER_NAME.        integer invIdx = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL) - 1;        string scriptName = llGetScriptName();        for (; invIdx >= 0; invIdx--)        {            string invItemName = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, invIdx);            if (invItemName != scriptName)                giftContents += invItemName;        }        if ([] == giftContents)            state no_contents;        else            llWhisper(0, "Will give folder named \"" + FOLDER_NAME + "\" containing these items: "                + llDumpList2String(giftContents, ", "));    }    changed(integer change)    {        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)            llResetScript();    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        key toucher = llDetectedKey(0);        if (llSameGroup(toucher))        {            llInstantMessage(toucher, GIVING_MSG);            llGiveInventoryList(toucher, FOLDER_NAME, giftContents);            return;        }        llInstantMessage(toucher, JOIN_MSG + GROUP_URI + (string)GROUP_KEY + "/about\n"            + NOT_ACTIVE_MSG + GROUP_URI + "list/show");    }}state no_contents{    state_entry()    {        llWhisper(DEBUG_CHANNEL, "Nothing to give; please add one or more gift items.");    }    changed(integer change)    {        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)            llResetScript();    }}

Hi, I'm trying to make group gifts with no luck, I found this post but the text for this script pastes as one line when I put it into a SL new script! , is there anyway I can get this script set out for SL scripts,  thanks :) 

43 minutes ago, PixiPretty said:

Hi, I'm trying to make group gifts with no luck, I found this post but the text for this script pastes as one line when I put it into a SL new script! , is there anyway I can get this script set out for SL scripts,  thanks :) 

Likely you can find that script through Google search in a more usable form. 

Note that if you are renting or using group land not of the group that you want the gift to go to you may  have issues. You gift vendor then needs to be set to the LAND group in order to stay on the land :D and you need to set the vendor to another group.  So with some land settings that will not work. I am guessing that there might be SOME gift vendors on the marketplace that would fix this issue. 

On 8/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, PixiPretty said:

IM me, I will send you several free ones that do that.

On 04/08/2018 at 9:39 AM, PixiPretty said:

Yipes. I guess the migration to new Forums software wiped out code formatting in posts. For completeness, I'll just dump here the script I found in my Inventory that appears to be what the post was about originally:

// Group gift / join script released into public domain by Qie Niangao, 2009.

key GROUP_KEY = "ba66f4d4-1473-11b4-c804-f8acf3aa4141";
// Get the GROUP_KEY from its web page, found with
// Search / All or from
// http://search.secondlife.com/web/search/groups/?q="Group Name"
// At the bottom of the group's web page is its URL,
// the end of the URL is the group's key.

string GIVING_MSG = "Thanks for your interest, and please enjoy your gift!";

string JOIN_MSG = "You need to be a member of the group to get the gift.  If you're not a member, type Control-H to get the chat history, and click on the following blue-highlighted text, then Join.  ";

string NOT_ACTIVE_MSG = "Or perhaps you're already a member and just don't have this group active at the moment; if so, click on the following text, choose the group from the list, and Activate.  ";

string FOLDER_NAME = "Gift from Group Name";

// ____________________________________________
// END OF STUFF MOST USERS WOULD WANT TO CHANGE
// --------------------------------------------

string GROUP_URI = "secondlife:///app/group/";
list giftContents;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        // In lieu of other specs, we'll just give everything in the object's inventory except this script
        // in a new folder named FOLDER_NAME.
        integer invIdx = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL) - 1;
        string scriptName = llGetScriptName();
        for (; invIdx >= 0; invIdx--)
        {
            string invItemName = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, invIdx);
            if (invItemName != scriptName)
                giftContents += invItemName;
        }
        if ([] == giftContents)
            state no_contents;
        else
            llWhisper(0, "Will give folder named \"" + FOLDER_NAME + "\" containing these items: "
                + llDumpList2String(giftContents, ", "));
    }
    changed(integer change)
    {
        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)
            llResetScript();
    }
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        key toucher = llDetectedKey(0);
        if (llSameGroup(toucher))
        {
            llInstantMessage(toucher, GIVING_MSG);
            llGiveInventoryList(toucher, FOLDER_NAME, giftContents);
            return;
        }
        llInstantMessage(toucher, JOIN_MSG + GROUP_URI + (string)GROUP_KEY + "/about\n"
            + NOT_ACTIVE_MSG + GROUP_URI + "list/show");
    }
}

state no_contents
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llWhisper(DEBUG_CHANNEL, "Nothing to give; please add one or more gift items.");
    }
    changed(integer change)
    {
        if (CHANGED_INVENTORY & change)
            llResetScript();
    }
}

Probably I'd do it all differently now, but at least it may be useful for somebody.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.