Host notices

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..I am a director in a club on s.l. and one of my hosts says she cannot send group notices to the v.i.p group. She is showing in staff group as able to do so, i can see nothing wrong there. She left and rejoined both groups ..but still says she cant send. Now i am stuck as to what go do. Does anyone have any suggestions. .i woild be most grateful. .Thanks..Sooby

Check her role abilities and be sure that it's checked there and that she has the role name. She needs to change her role name on the first page of group info from the general title to the role that lets her send notices as well. She should have at least 2 roles there...the general one that everyone have and then the one that  allows her to send notices. It should look something like this.  

https://gyazo.com/f91e4884e31900d984aa7e21f8444b8f   https://gyazo.com/955325d8aa4b207b5bd7f97536edb31c

You do have to have the correct role activated under your current title to be able to access the abilities.

Thank you Bobbie..I checked all those things and all seem correct...I am still unsure of what the problem is.

I'm sure it will be something so simple, but thanks for the suggestions. The fault must be on her side as everything is fine in the staff group. All the correct box's are ticked...literally lool.

Again thank you

If she was recently promoted to a new role in a group which included the ability to send notices, then she will not be able to use the new abilities that came with that role, even after a relog.

This bug started with the last main channel server role - see BUG-9735

The workaround is to get her to leave the group and   invite her back directly into the role which has the send notices ability. Inviting directly into a role still works, promoting a group member to another role will fail to grant any new abilities.

I'm having exactly this same issue. I became an employee at a club and was assigned the Officer role, but can't send out group notices or invite to the group. I also own a group where one and only one member assigned to the officer role isn't showing up as such.

I tried leaving/rejoining, tried refreshing the group information, cleared the group cache, cleared my viewer cache, tried logging off, then relogging into a different sim, then going back to the original sim...nothing seems to be working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.