HUD won't respond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a nice Hugs Hud that I use (because it lets you pick the type of hug, and who).  I have used it a number of times, but when I was visiting a friend at their place, the Hud wouldn't work.

I could attach and detach it OK, but it looked like all the clicks were either being ignored or never got to the Hud.  If I clicked twice quickly, I would start walking towards where I clicked.  It was as if the clicks were going through the Hud.

I assume that this is a permissions problem of some sort, but I have no idea what to tell my friend to change and neither did they.

Can somebody help us (it's a really good friend).

Thanks.. Nora.

There are ways to run scripts in a no script zone - with limits. You have to wear it before you enter the no script zone. It depends on the scripter if the hud is capable of that.

No script zones go from ground to approx. 75m above. So in a skybox it will work on every land.

Phil Deakins wrote:

When a parcel is set to disallow the running of scripts, scripts in HUDs don't work on it. If you have a radar, you'll probably notice that it gives you no information on some parcels.

There seems to be a way to overcome this "scripts disallowed". I have an AO HUD and it sure works everywhere. Scripts not allowed has absolutely no effect on it. Which is indeed a great thing. :smileyhappy:

On the other hand, I have a dance HUD. That one does not work if scripts are not allowed, even if I wear it before entering a parcel with scripts disabled.

dance HUDs usually stop working bc the main script starts another dance script for each dancer including the owner. the other dance scripts wont start in a no scripts zone

+

the AOs, huggers, and other stuff, that always work use the takecontrols permission hack 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.