HAPPY DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE DAY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well thank you all for the tacit celebratory support - I had a grand time DJing a wonderfully fun 4th party last night at Toby's Juke Joint which included a fireworks show

IMHO, I seemed to have been one of the very few proudly unabashed American DJ's having a fun time on the night of our nation's Day of Independence.

Carry on everyone.

:D

Amusingly, I love how all US presidents show their continued commitment to the hard won ideal by kissing the ass of our unelected head of state when they come over for a visit.   I bet ole Liz Saxe-Coburg has a good laugh when she goes to the bogs.

I had great time at American Graffiti club, Karen....rocking to some old tunes. The DJs started my night-time and were still going the next morning when I came back in. Free flags/flares/hats/cake and the avis in costume, made it a fun time for everyone. Very social......and Im not even American!

Thank you, KarenMichelle, and Happy Independence Day to you. It is my favorite holiday in both RL and SL.  I seem to be in a bit of a slump regarding being inworld these days, and for the first time since I got here did not celebrate the holiday in Second Life. Missed both Marianne McCann and Hippie Bowman's fireworks shows (which I'm confident happened). I did at least celebrate it in RL by flying my beautiful Bennington flag (I have ancestors from the time of the Revolution buried in Bennington, so the flag is special to me) and glorious it looked as it waved in the coastal breeze.

Cheri, you'd better be careful. We'll make a seppo out of you yet if you keep showing up at the holiday parties (I remember talking to you at Hippie Bowman's fireworks show last year). :-)

Bennington-Battle-Flag.jpg

Burper Tilling wrote:

Burper Tilling wrote:

I find 5th July is always a day to particularly look forward to in SL :smileyvery-happy:

. . . . because I'm not American!

That's your problem, right? It's not something I would brag about.

DejaHo wrote:

Although I have always failed to card a 76 on the 4th I will try again next year. 

That 4th hole must be ***bleep*** difficult, with lots of bunkers and trees and rough I guess.

And a horribly fast and undulating green.

Alec - short holes, so my score can fit in the little box on the card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.