Groups?

Fusionbolt2000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try teleporting to a different region and joining the group first. If this doesn't work, then relog.  Second Life can be quirky at times. This just sounds like another temporary quirk.

By all means also try another viewer if for now you are unable to view the group's details via Singularity.

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

How would I join a group without viewing it's details first?

You wouldn't, you couldn't. I just re-read my post and realised the English of it was not good. :matte-motes-impatient:

I meant to say, before you try other viewers, do just please teleport to another location and try again to view the group's details.  Sometimes there are little glitches and quirks caused by the way a sim's server is set up.  The sims are not all on the same type of server.  Sometimes a teleport can nudge the servers into sending you the full information you are requesting.

Sometimes you just need to relog for all to work as it should.

And sometimes, because of some unexplained temporary quirk with compatibility issues between a viewer and SL, it may be necessary to use a different viewer.

Is there a particular reason you use Singularity? It's somewhat of a niche viewer that exists because the it runs better on older hardware and the interface is similar to older viewers that users that have been on SL a long time are more familiar with. However, it does things differently than most recent viewers. Given that you're just starting out it should be equally easy/difficult for you to get used to any interface. If you're using it because you tried a number of viewers and it works best for you, by all means keep using it.

If you're using it because someone you met told you it was "better", though, bear in mind that twenty-five years ago I would have irritably told you that LP's are better than CD's (which they ARE, mind you) but you should have ignored me then too and started your music collection with the current technology.

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

Nah, but my computer is pretty weak, and it's also Windows Xp.

Win XP has very little, if nothing at all, to do with which viewer you can use. The system I'm sitting at right now can run just about all the viewers, to some degree, more or less. It uses XP.

I'd probably try another viewer considering you're having other issues as well in other threads. I suspect your viewer may have something to do with at least some of your problems.

The only thing that XP could have to do with it is that the hardware from the era when xp was considered the OEM operating system has become quite long in the tooth. Computers that have been upgraded as hardware improved but kep XP as their OS won't have issues. But one that hasn't been upgraded is probably running a single core processor, and AGP graphics. That's a bad combonation for just about everything anymore. XP itself is not a problem yet, but it will be since we're right around the time for Microsoft to cut off support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.