Group members have lost rezzing rights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's just happened today: people who have the land badge for my sim, which gives them rights to fly, and to rezz stuff on the island, can no longer do so. I've just submitted a JIRA cos Concierge told me it was a bug, and one that other sim owners are experiencing.

Seems more like a major system problem and not a 'bug' as such. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this please? (It occurs regardless of which viewer is being used.) And of course if any kind soul out there knows how to fix it, even better!

Thanks ever so much and Byeeee!

Christi Maeterlinck

has been all kinds of weird stuff happening in last week. linden kinda had a bad hair week server side

can only

a) wait it out

b) see if you can get a sim restart and hope

+

my own prob is my inventory. i do a total viewer uninstall. is still playing up tho. so am just going to wait now bc is nothing more i can do myself

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. For the benefit of ayone else with this problem (and JIRAS SVC-7909 and SVC 8026 suggest that there are many of us), here's the current situation and a possible solution.

I restarted the sim; I asked to be moved to a known 'safe' server. No luck: the problem persisted. The only way I could enable land group members to build was by giving 'Everyone' visiting the island the power to build and to rezz. Not an ideal solution.

Then someone suggested that I check the ownership settings of all the partitions on my island. Some were set to me, and some to the land group. This had never been a problem in the past: so long as land group members were wearing their group badge, they could rezz new prims and build, regardless of who owned the land, me or the group. It _was_ a problem now, caused by the bug.

And the problem disappeared as soon as I set _all_ the partitions to ownership by group.

You might find this works for you too.

Byeee!

Christi.

Christi Maeterlinck wrote: "And the problem disappeared as soon as I set _all_ the partitions to ownership by group."

Isn't that the way it should work? Being the member of a group should NOT give other group member rezz-rights
to your own land. only to other group land.
In other words: A security hole has been fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.