Group Photo idea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking that LL could host the production of a large Group photo of Residents.

A kiosk could be set up, the camera would take one photo of each Avatar in front of a blue screen. LL could collect the photos and... using the power of the internet, make all the photos into one photo.

A kiosk or photo center would allow Residents to participate when they have the time.

What do you think? Will the idea work; are Residents interested in this?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think it is a great idea.

Avatars love making themselves look how they do. Avatars love having their pictures taken to show off. Showing off how creative and cool avatars can be in Second Life is good for Second Life.

However, I think to get many avatars into one photo would be a very large undertaking and would eventually become a page of colored dots.

However, I think the idea is fun and doable but would probably have to be undertaken by a Resident or group of.

It sounds like a great idea, but LL provide the platform, and leave it up to the residents to create things.

Also, not wishing to sound like I'm p1ssing on anyone's parade, whenever photo collaborations have been attempted here on the forums, there have always been the jealous and bitter brigade coming in to attempt to spoil the fun for others.

There was a rather marvellous Hippiestock after-party photo, which I believe Maddie worked tremendously hard on to get everyone's image added - and all were welcome. People who hadn't made it to Hippie's Hippiestock event got the chance to be added to the photo, and the people who participated posed differently so we didn't look so much like cardboard cut-outs.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/113-Groovy-Hippies-Head-to-Space-on-STS-133/td-p/486549

Dont think so, I just put it to show something like that was allready done, same as my friend did it recently...

Its an interesting idea but as someone allready said, would be better if a group of people could gather and do it like tomorrow lol, not wait for LL to provide everything.

also, I think all the individual photos could be made into a really cool collage, like you see on the internet, where little pictures make up one big picture? 

@ Marigold, as long as it was Second Life residents in their entirety, and not just the forumites, it may be a peaceful event. I haven't heard anyone fighting over the 1000 Avatars Project or the Meta Body Experience, yet :P  

Tamara Artis wrote:

Dont think so, I just put it to show something like that was allready done, same as my friend did it recently...

Its an interesting idea but as someone allready said, would be better if a group of people could gather and do it like tomorrow lol, not wait for LL to provide everything.

Aww... I was so excited :(

If it is one thing Second Life is teaching me, is to not put things off. Things come and go so quickly in here.

You know what else could be done too, what if whoever had access to all of the residents' public profile pictures made a giant collage out of those?

The pictures are already done, and if the profiles are set to public it is how the avatars are choosing to represent themselves, so that's a thought, yes?

I was thinking that a copy of the Photo could be hosted at a website, and there would be a scroll bar on the bottom to move left or right across the photo.

Yes, I am thinking for all Residents. This is why I believe that LL should help. :matte-motes-grin:

Reply to your edit:

Well, to get LL to help I think you will have to get in contact with them. You also have to anticipate their reaction.

I would say something like, provide a location, provide the persons to make the final product, and we will provide the links.

Like when someone has a similar project, like what Tamara linked to. The residents do the thing and LL provides the promotion, like Destination Guide links and login page links etc. 

Is that what you had in mind?

Another completely new approach I think would be to have photo kiosks at like info hubs and such, but then you would just end up with a lot of photos of griefers, newbs and penii :o

1. set a time range when we can meet residents, like 2 hours at am and 2 hours at SL pm time;

2. set a platform far from our homes where we can meet people/rezz all needed;

3. decide either to shoot them while posing or with AO's (which sounds better to me);

4. advertise! advertise like never before in our sl lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.