Great game but what to expect from Sensar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I have been on here for almost two or more weeks and I have been thinking... Is sensar going to be replacing this site? And if so (which I don't hope) will people be more likely to use it more then SL? I mean, I have come to like the game and I have experienced many things and lived through this game quite well... I have fit into my place and found it to be very homely. I just don't want to lose my positivity because of a new version of SL.. I know there are a few games out there like this that attempt to make virtual reality a life but who here thinks the virtous indipendance of the game will be let down by a new version that is more flashy and more detailed?

tako Absent wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

What to expect? Delays in development, expensive development tools, lots of subsequently retracted promises, wholesale regular pr, project manager and coder sackings, bugs, lag, disappointment and abject commercial failure.

^^^ Negatron ^^^

^^^ AntiDecepticon ^^^

HughJegow wrote:

tako Absent wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

What to expect? Delays in development, expensive development tools, lots of subsequently retracted promises, wholesale regular pr, project manager and coder sackings, bugs, lag, disappointment and abject commercial failure.

^^^ Negatron ^^^

^^^ AntiDecepticon ^^^

^^^ OMGIt'sContagious ^^^

DejaHo wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

tako Absent wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

^^^ Negatron ^^^

^^^ AntiDecepticon ^^^

^^^ OMGIt'sContagious ^^^

^^^ OMGapron ^^^

Project Sansar is just now starting to be opened to select beta users. It's going to be a totally different platform, mostly if not totally mesh, from what I understand. From what's been released, so far everything has been developed using Maya. 

Comparing Project Sansar to SL is like comparing Half Life and Grand Theft Auto or any other 2 video games you chose. They are totally different platforms; apples and oranges. They'll probably have a totally different user base as well though there will be those that go between the two. 

At this point, we don't really KNOW what's going to happen. LL is playing their cards very close to the chest as it were.

kiramanell wrote:

What a weird reactions, LOL.

If it's not too much asking, I too would like to know what to expect of Sensar. Is that such a strange question?!

Inara Pey is the goto person to read up on what little LL have said so far about it

http://modemworld.me/2015/08/18/lab-announces-sansars-closed-alpha-officially-under-way/

is the last article. Related links at the bottom for other articles about it 

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I heard a rumor that there will be no mainland, that would be a sad omission.  Any confirmation?

is no confirmation either way

just that when we asked Ebbe in the Ask The CEO thread he kinda skirted round it,  the question: Will there be a LL-provided SL-like mainland on Sansar?

but he (Ebbe) did confirm that he would like to see others make their own mainland-like estates when that was put to him

so we still wondering a bit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.