Google Plus share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have read recently that Facebook does not like for SecondLife users to share things on their service due to the SLURL link.  I fully do not understand it, but I right now cannot change their decision.  I also have noticed that businesses in SL are using Google Plus to advertise their products and the like.  It got me interested to ask will SecondLife being doing a G+ chare like Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.  Right now, I cannot share photos on Facebook.  See you in SecondLife. :smileyvery-happy:

Google+ struggles to have a fraction of the reach of social site giants such as Facebook, and they lack several of their features too; but yes, they’re far more lenient about virtual identities and content sharing, and already at present there are several, relatively live Second Life-related G+ communities out there.

I'm not prone to using SocMed so you may have to bear with me - but what about the "SLURL link" is problematic on Facebook? Does it not like the custom protocol class (secondlife://)?

You can share any URI to G+ using http://plus.google.com/share?url=<addr> where <addr> is the target location. You don't need special proprietary buttons or costly webdev time to get this functionality.

Mostly though we have no idea. We don't decide these things, LL does.

I agree and disagree on the fan fair of Google Plus.  I see great things, but the structure is at tiems... not all that good.  Just the same they are young.  I think the biggest deal with Google is just that... GOOGLE.  When a company goes 100% propriatary, no matter how good things have been--especially online, it all falls hard--like a gliding 2 ton object.  Right now, Facebook (to me anyhow) a pain in the bums!  Again, the rich dude is becing 100% propriatary.  Anyhow, thanks for you feedback. :D  See you in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.