Forums etc... down for few days/a week very soon...

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

The mock up looks like they plan to include advertising. Oh good. 

I'm probably "ad-blind" or something, but I'm not seeing that. Is there somewhere specific I should be looking?

(The "mock-up" is just a screenshot, right? or am I really missing things? Just that screenshot prompted me to compare with the current "Community" top-level, at http://go.secondlife.com/ -- I don't think I've ever even been to that page before, so they could replace it with a 404 for all I care.)

With the inability to fix Lithium's recurring "now you're logged in / now you're not" problem, I'm looking forward to trying a replacement. Odds are, it will be an improvement -- at this point, the Lab must have exhausted every bad choice of forums-capable CMS. cough-Jive-cough.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, some years after moving away from Invision forum software because it couldn't be updated by LL, we're back to Invision again. Probably a cost savings to move from Lithium hosting to Invision hosting. But at least it's a proper forum again. 

Well they said 27th Feb...

Then they said 29th of Feb...

Hold on, next 29th Feb is 2020!

So, a few weeks later than first claimewd, but well ahead of the 3 year downtime promised in the update message. Well done LL.

Just need to fix this damn awful mediium grey on light grey default text colour. I have to mess with monitor contrast settings just to read this, then unmess for EVERYTHING else I do on a pc...

Edited by Klytyna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.