For All DJ's Who Use SAM Broadcaster - I Got A Question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

OK then.

I know there's like a 15-20 second delay between when I play music/talk and it playing on the stream.  However i have noticed for example that when I turn the stream or mic off, it cuts out parts and when I turn it back on, it plays the music/voice sometimes.  What causes it?

Also,
how can I make SAM automatically play the next track?

You've not looked at the documentation. This is basic.

I would also suggest that you visit clubs for which you might want to DJ. There are different styles of playing and voicing over tracks.  The club I've played in prefers that DJs talk over songs at times to interact with the audience.  Other clubs don't like that. So, where you target to play is a factor in how you manage your SAM.

I am reading the documentation as well.  I also did figure out the problem with silencing the music in the program so that I can only hear it in world, but still have yet to figure out why it's playing music I did not queue up when I hit the play button in the deck.

Venus Petrov wrote:

You've not looked at the documentation.

Why would he bother when he can get well-intentioned, overly-christian people with nothing better to do than hold his hand through the whole prolonged process without him having to think?

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

I am reading the documentation as well as I can.

FIFY!

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

Zoe if you have nothing nice to say, then please don't say anything at all!

Welcome to the General Discussion forum Mitch. You can be as polite as you like, but if you don't like that what's being discussed is your own ignorance then you shouldn't have started the thread here in the first place.

You might look into a DJ School or class in SL.  There are several I found in search.  Of course YMMV.  I took a few classes back in the day taught by a good friend and then learned the rest of the 'how to' on the job. What is never mentioned in any class and is assumed is that you have a personality you can communicate via your musical taste, interacting with patrons, etc.  If you're just a radio, few care.

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

I am reading the documentation as well.  I also did figure out the problem with silencing the music in the program so that I can only hear it in world, but still have yet to figure out why it's playing music I did not queue up when I hit the play button in the deck.

OK

Rule 1 - Basics of using the Music Playlist Queue - When using the Auto DJ Mode or Play Queue, Don't ever Press the Play Button on the A or B Decks. Simple.

Rule 2 - To start the playlist in the queue when Auto DJ Mode is not selected, simply double click on the top song in the queue. SAM will do the rest.

SAM will populate the A & B Decks with the next song to be played directly from the [playlist] Queue.At the end of the currently playing song SAM will use the between song cross fading metric setting to lower the volume of the current song and gradually raise the volume of the next song.

Usually the only time you use the Play Button in the queue is when you want to play a pre-loaded song on top of the current song. Ii do this with beat matching and by manually managing the Deck Volume Levels to do a manual swap over when I feel creative. Normally this is way too much work.

P.S. An in-world class will jump start your DJing skills techniques .....The DJ talent is mostly up to you and your abilities.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

OK

Rule 1 - Basics of using the Music Playlist Queue - When using the Auto DJ Mode or Play Queue, Don't ever Press the Play Button on the A or B Decks. Simple.

Rule 2 - To start the playlist in the queue when Auto DJ Mode is not selected, simply double click on the top song in the queue. SAM will do the rest.

SAM will populate the A & B Decks with the next song to be played directly from the [playlist] Queue.At the end of the currently playing song SAM will use the between song cross fading metric setting to lower the volume of the current song and gradually raise the volume of the next song.

Usually the only time you use the Play Button in the queue is when you want to play a pre-loaded song on top of the current song. Ii do this with beat matching and by manually managing the Deck Volume Levels to do a manual swap over when I feel creative. Normally this is way too much work.

P.S. An in-world class will jump start your DJing skills techniques .....The DJ talent is mostly up to you and your abilities.

I think you need to write shorter sentences KM.

Most DJs I have met lack the concentration to be able to read more than ten words in a row.

Mitchell Indigo wrote:

Hello DJ's.

I am a DJ in training.

Not sure what "in training" means. 

I use Mixxx.  It does everything that you've asked about here, and it's free.

Mixxx has a user manual.  Read it.   All the information that you've asked about here, is readily available info, if you know how to use Google.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.