Firestorm/Phoenix problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know where to post this lol....

Well I have the latest version of firestorm/phoenix.. well I can't log in whatsoever! It's weird everytime I log in it says region is failed... and I try many different regions. So when I try another account it works?

@_@ lately second life has gone all fk'ed up, i have the same problem, in order to login i have to first, in the login screen set the debug settings with ctrl+alt+d then go to the last option... loggin registry settings i think, and select none, then try to login...

somehow i can't TP ANYWHERE at all.. and i cant play media stuff in the game, my inventory items wont update propely after buy items, not to mention the non stop lag spikes... SL is becoming  unstable.... yeah theres a lot of copy bots and hackers around too, there was once one that appeared in a sandbox and spammed me with objects... some kind of bot attack, had to relog to make them dissapear, they even banned me once one of my old accounts cause some bot gave me copied items.... yeah i have the same login issues as u do too...

tried on Firestorm, SL viewer, Exodus, still no luck, SL is fked up, and everytime i log off, and i attempt to relog, i get this weird problem saying that the land started the "logout process and might have restarted".... which is a LIE, because i believe that is because my character doesn't log off at all when i close my viewer =_=

I use FIrestorm without any problem like this and know lots of other people that do too.  The problem probably lies in your ISP or computer.  You should email a support ticket to Phoenix to get a good answer.  When you do,be sure to include all your relevant system information.  You can get this without logging in by opening your viewer and going to Help>About FIrestorm.  Just copy the information under the info tab and paste it into your email.  They will email you with help.

Email  @ support@phoenixviewer.com but don't forget to give a summary in the subject header!

No rpblems with latest Firestrom, but for the past week or so I run into a lot of sims that strip my mesh objects off.  

Also been having a problem sailing.  I keep slamming against a sim border and freezing.   Then I get a message in Local to the effect that the sim I am trying to enter is running and older version and won't accept the passage.

I do not know where you are located but recently the ping times to Linden servers have been all over the map I am on the east coast US speed tests to the local areas show  massive 1 to 3 mbps on my 20 meg line this condition seems to affect the LL and firestorm products the most while the stripped down Cool VL viewer never has problems but then you can not upload mush with it )) Perhaps it is time for a few more Linden servers after 9 years rather than the west coast and Texas I am sure the Euro players would enjoy an east coast server. I have stripped both the Firestorm and Linden viewers totally from my machines this includes everything they hide in the registry and on your root drive sometimes it helps sometimes not. Another trick is to allow the first load of the viewer and quickly close it then do a reload it seems to help with performance.

• 1 month later...

I´m sorry i´m writing here since i dont know where to post it., I have the Latest version of Firestorm as well, i have tried other viewers and the problem is exactly the same. I cannot log in, as soon as i do i appear under the water but i cannot even see my  avatar, I have already asked for help in LLs group support, but no one has helped me . I have Windows 7 , and i really know the problem might be a compatibility issue ...not sure tho , i dont know what to think anymore. I have tried clearing cache, doing so i can log in after restarting my computer, but after a while i crash again and i have to repeat the action everytime this happens. HELP PLEASE :(

vandering wrote:

[ ... ] I cannot log in, as soon as i do i appear under the water but i cannot even see my  avatar, I have already asked for help in LLs group support, but no one has helped me . [ ... ] I have tried clearing cache, doing so i can log in after restarting my computer, but after a while i crash again and i have to repeat the action everytime this happens. HELP PLEASE
:(

From the Firestorm support wiki (where you ought to go and read the rest of the page) ....

Symptoms which may be the result of problem gestures include:

• You are unable to log in properly without having to clear cache fully before doing so.

It should never be necessary to clear cache before logging in, so if you have to do this, something is wrong. Some find that if they don't clear cache each time, they get logged out within seconds of logging in, or perhaps they are ruthed or a cloud every time, or even that they crash shortly after log in.

• You are able to log in but find yourself under water (all you can see is a blue screen) at coordinates 10, 10, 10.

If you log in to an all blue screen, check your location, see if you are near the SIM corner, at 10, 10, 10. If so, you almost certainly have a problem gesture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.