Firestorm New Release 4.0.1 (27000)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me say that I am loving this new release of Firestorm! All the issues I had with the other version of Firestorm, gone. Love, love, LOVE the Phoenix interface! Just love all of it. . No crashing, runs very smooth and decent frame rates. Thank's to the Phoenix team for this new release. I'm going to use it as my main viewer!

I'm very impressed with this new Firestorm release. I work a lot with groups, so having the V1/Phoenix interface is essential. The V1/Phoenix interface also puts the media controls back down on the bottom, where they can be useful (instead of squished into the top right of the screen). Thank you Phoenix/Firestorm team - and all other third-party developers - for your years of hard work during a long, dark period in SL history. Finally, there is a flexible, unified viewer for Second Life. Well done!

Deltango Vale wrote:

I'm very impressed with this new Firestorm release. I work a lot with groups, so having the V1/Phoenix interface is essential. The V1/Phoenix interface also puts the media controls back down on the bottom, where they can be useful (instead of squished into the top right of the screen). Thank you Phoenix/Firestorm team - and all other third-party developers - for your years of hard work during a long, dark period in SL history. Finally, there is a flexible, unified viewer for Second Life. Well done!

i thought they already had the v1 interface in a release before this..i remember using it and  there being a dropdown to choose firestorm v3 i think or maybe it was v2 or being able to choose phoenix..

i could swear it had the phoenix interface..maybe it onyl had some of it?

i'll have to look..the version i am talking about is Phoenix_Firestorm-Release_3-2-2-24336

i'll have to try to new one and compare..

Errm, after reading how nice the new firestorm is I decided to download and install it, and well, there are no buttons, not toolbar, nothing ...

I would have asked inworld at the Firestorm/phönix group (I am sure something like that exists, but now toolbar, no button, no search ...)

What am I missing?

Ringht now I can do exactly ... nothing ... I can't even ask somebody around me because I am alone at my home and of course, I don't have access to my Landmarks ...

Edit: After a clean install it worked fine, performance is good so far, but I have to get used to it before I decide if I like it or not.

I'm loving it too except for one small problem that I cannot seem to fix and was about to post about to see if anyone else has seen this or has been able to fix it.

My hands are constantly in the Open and Spread position.  Never relaxed, just wide open and fingers spread wide.

I've removed everything from my AO to my Nails and they still remain open. Turned off animations, relogged, and still fingers opened wide.  Anyone else experience this with the new viewer?

Edit: BTW, this all happened after I turned off typing animations though its constant, even when I am not typing.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

I'm loving it too except for one small problem that I cannot seem to fix and was about to post about to see if anyone else has seen this or has been able to fix it.

My hands are constantly in the Open and Spread position.  Never relaxed, just wide open and fingers spread wide.

I've removed everything from my AO to my Nails and they still remain open. Turned off animations, relogged, and still fingers opened wide.  Anyone else experience this with the new viewer?

Edit: BTW, this all happened after I turned off typing animations though its constant, even when I am not typing.

I haven't had that problem.

I've had nothing but good experiences with this. I've gone from an average of 50 FPS at max grpahics settings to around 70 FPS. Even with shadows enabled. Still only get 30 or so on the mainland, though.

Is the increase of FPS a confirm? I have tried all other versions and was very dissapointed.

The reason i went back to a V1 based Viewer since SL 2.8 and all FS versions is that they both crippled my FPS so bad that they were unusable, and i wasn't a fan of the V2/3 UI already.

Strangly the new Phoenix 1.6.1 has all the latest and newest funcionality and FPS rocks for me. I can even use shadows with a decent FPS on my 2 year old Asus Core, Nvidia 9800M GS.

FS 4.0.1 could be an option now because of the FUI, but has FPS generally increased?

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

until you find a fix..try this ..i think you will like it if you don't have one already =)

it's a pretty neat little gadget hehehe

Uhh, ok i installed it, set all graphics the same as my Phoenix... no avatar physics, HTTP textures off... VBO on and off. Make sure my bandwidth is set to the optimum.

So... what's the big occasion ?!

FPS is as bad as it always was. Hardly average at 15 and deep to 5 at very busy areas.

Phoenix: average 35-40, deepest 15. 

Still an unchanged difference --> uninstalled pronto ! (uhh i don't use Danish either).

I wonder what it is that holds FPS in these newer UI styled viewers back. Phoenix has the same functionality and high FPS.

Linda Brynner wrote:

Uhhh, except that the hand anims don't work in this free verion LOL. 

I suppose you need to buy anims from them before it does.

The eye expresions do work only.

maybe they have to load or something..mine work and thats the version i have..i used it in all my Cekapunch pictures...

i didn't even know they had a pay version lol

i actually had the open stressed out hands when i wanted to take this pic and ended up having to put on my anypose to get them to close..

maybe try clicking on a few different ones  or clicking  on one and seeing if it loads up ..it may be like anything and have to load to the sim or server or where ever those things have to load to hehehehe

Cekapunch.png

ETA: are the facial expressions not working either?

Linda Brynner wrote:

Uhh, ok i installed it, set all graphics the same as my Phoenix... no avatar physics, HTTP textures off... VBO on and off. Make sure my bandwidth is set to the optimum.

So... what's the big occasion ?!

FPS is as bad as it always was. Hardly average at 15 and deep to 5 at very busy areas.

Phoenix: average 35-40, deepest 15. 

Still an unchanged difference --> uninstalled pronto ! (uhh i don't use Danish either).

I wonder what it is that holds FPS in these newer UI styled viewers back. Phoenix has the same functionality and high FPS.

It gets to be a mind boggler sometimes why different people have different experiences with different viewers.  I have tried a half dozen viewers based on the V3 code including the official viewer and my results are the same, about a 75 percent drop in performance.

Some things have no rhyme or reason I can figure out.  I know other people with the same graphics card as me on similarly specked computers who are not having my problems.

I am curious how well the official viewer runs for you?

The latest phoenix looks good, i tried the latest firestorm but it is missing one thing that i love about phoenix and that is the radar, previous versions did have it a while back but i don't see it on this version.

I like the radar for many reasons, mainly because my shop is 3000 ft up and when i m on the island below i can see if anyone is in the shop, also when i am out shopping with my partner and we get separated i can tele right to her or see how far away she is from me.

I have grown so used to using the radar it is a feature i would be lost without, i would love to try the new firestorm but as there is no radar i will stay with phoenix.

If firestorm does have a radar i would appreciate someone advising where it is

MasoDevotina wrote:

I always used that, even with V2, in fact, when I tried phönix it was one of many things I missed, but maybe I just wasn't patient enough to search for it
:D

i was talking about the button display ..thats a V3 interface..i was waiting for them to finally switch over to V3..the last version i had which i believe was their release before this one was still on the V2 interface..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.