Fare Well 3rd party L$ seller :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

in that case you must belong to the 0.001% of the residents in sl that isn't able to have a bankaccount or creditcard, ALL others are able to buy directly from LL.

If you have a bankaccount you can connect paypal or skrill.

I dont know wtf skrill is and I don't trust paypal my experience with paypal is that upon SIGNING UP I got hacked I didnt even mention anywhere i was making  apaypal account , fortunately for me that i hadnt verified my account yet or im sure i woulda lost a ton of money like my sister did ... charged $600 twice to google play out of the blue , she got it back and closed her account 

Qie Niangao wrote:

Gee, I dunno. PayPal probably grew to a financial services firm with $47B market cap by unsuccessfully stealing from Splat's sister.

OMG - Like the 3rd Party Exchanges headquartered from a foreign nationals bedroom PC are so much more trustworthy.... I'll stick with PayPal........... those............evil............corporate-backed .....bastards........that I've been doing both personal and business transactions with for over 12 years... :P~~~~~

LL, Skrill and PayPal offer numerous ways to pay in about 200 countries each, including linking to your bank account.

LL is a relatively small company and not an international bank that can accept any and all types of payments.  You shouldn't expect it to be.  It actually says in the TOS section 11.1 that "Linden Lab controls and operates the Service from its offices in the United States. Linden Lab makes no representation that any aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States."  That would include buying $L.

SL is not one of life's necessities.  Just about anything you want can be found for free except land.  Maybe the free stuff is not exactly what you want, or you only want the 'best' stuff which you have to pay for. but beggars can't be choosers.  Thousands of people enjoy SL daily who do not have any $Ls nor any land for a personal home.

I actually prefer to use PayPal anywhere I can. There are a lot of places I order my knitting supplies from that take PayPal so I don't have to give them my actual info. PayPal has a money back guarantee, which I've had to use a time or two. In fact, went to Home Depot yesterday and you can use PayPal to pay at the register. No more worries about my card being skimmed.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

There are a lot of places I order my knitting supplies from that take PayPal

Is that what they call the DarkNit? I have always found it difficult to enforce the money back guarantee on the Silk Yarn Road.

Alec - these edgy conversations; cast  on and bind off edges, that is

not everyone can have a bank account for many reasons, some cant have a credit card because of the requirements of each country and each bank, and if they have a debit card, the card don't work internationally, that means that cant be used by Paypal or Skrill.

3rd party L$ sellers offer a wide variety of methods, for example national ones, even if your card don't work internationally, they sell you directly inside your country, they offer you exchange of prepaid cards value, if you brought an IMVU prepaid card, you could turn your IMVU money to lindens, Second Life doesn't offer prepaid cards internationally like Virgin, Facebook, Walmart, Spotify, iTunes. even if you buy a card that promise to work internationally like PaySafeCard, it doesnt do as promise because of laws and regulations of each country.

all those options get lost with the loss of 3rd party L$ sellers.

Yeah, because of it I'm unable to buy Lindens anymore, since Linden Labs wants a credit card and when I try to use paypal they also want a credit card since linden labs require it. So yeah I guess I stop playing SL since I have no way of continuing like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.