False Advertising - Feeling ripped off

Loni Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

:matte-motes-crying: I purchased a complete rare gacha Pirate outfit on MP,  It was advertised as complete. I paid 950L for it and when I opened it, it had several pieces missing.  I have tried contacting this seller but NEVER get an answer.  I feel robbed. Is there any other course of action I can take to make this person either refund my L or supply the missing items? 

Monti Messmer wrote:

Hi, if you bought this of the marketplace, you can leave a review and flag it as false advertised.

Unfortunately it's unlikely that will make much difference for a gacha resale listing. Generally with gacha items, once the item is sold, the lsiting is gone so there's nothing there to review or flag.

So I'm afraid that unless the seller eventually answers (you should allow for a week or two before you give up all hope) there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Nope.

SL is buyer beware, ALWAYS. Unfortunately dishonest people exist, and LL wants nothing to do with the inevitable disputes that arise, so they tack up a "resident-to-resident dispute" disclaimer to absolve themselves of any and all responsibility. Your purchase falls under that category. 

You can leave a negative review. However, since it was a one-time listing, presumably - being a gacha item - it probably won't do much of anything to hurt the (re)seller's business. 

Always be wary purchasing gacha items, inworld or off the marketplace. I've seen worse; I know people who bought what they thought were rare items, only to receive empty boxes. Playing yourself is ALWAYS safer (and, yes, significantly more expensive). Trading is marginally safer. 

Still, that's a really sucky thing to have happen, and I'm sorry it happened to you. I don't know how long ago you contacted the seller, but wait a bit for them to respond; not everyone is on every day. If a few days pass with nothing, send another gentle inquiry, and nothing comes of that, I'm afraid you'll have to chalk it up to a learning experience, take the loss, and move on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.