Do you have a room to rent?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm interested in renting a room within a house.

I have been looking at getting my own apartment, but I think I would rather rent a room within a house.

I think it would be fun to be house mates with someone, preferably somewhere social, and of course hopefully it would be cheaper than renting an entire place just on my own.

If anyone here is looking for a house mate or wants to rent a room out, please get in contact with me.

Thanks very much!

Alison. x

I've read a few posts about roomates. I'm considering buying my first piece of land and renting out a room (for free). I haven't worked out all the details, if I do I'll let you know. Also, keep us updated on your search? I'm really curious to find out what roomates are like in SL. I know people leave SL suddenly, so I was thinking of making a rule that I would return the person's items to them and open their room for rent after a week or two if no notice is given. 

if you do make a apartment/house with bedrooms and a common living area then I suggest that you parcel the land underneath the bedrooms into 8x8, 8x12 or 12x12. And the common areas: halls, living, dining, patio, etc into 1 parcel

this way every bedroom can have its own land media/radio stream. And also the bedrooms can be set so that the roomies cant cam into each others bedrooms. So can shut the door to your room when getting changed and that

actually if you are only thinking about getting a cheaper rent by renting a room from someone's house, i bet the owner or the original renter of the house will ask you to "pay per prim" depending on the rent per prim cost of the land or any residential themed sim.  Most of the rental place in sl has flexible prim count to rent so you can just ask the owner or the land manager for your prefered prim count and they will adjust the rental amount .  

Most of the people in sl rent a place only for privacy, others just use it as their walk in closet and to rezz items especially demos and others rent a house in sl just because they love to decorate  and there's ALWAYS NO ENOUGH PRIM in decorating your place ;)

if you just want a place for privacy and to decorate rent your own place in a nice residential sim with light rp but if you really want more social find a full rp sim. urban rp sims has a lot of cheap room for rents with communal spaces and trailer parks. there's even room for rent under the sewer line seriously ;)

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.