Destination Guide Posting Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

I had a Question for those within Linden Lbs ... I'm currently part of the Staff for an SL Wrestling Promotion called the Virtual Wrestling Entertainment. We've been exploring different ways to Draw in New Fans and the Owner Austin Knight (austinknight resident) and other staff members have submitted the VWE in the Destination guide often, yet we're Still not listed. We know it takes a Linden to approve of such things but I was wondering if Linden Labs is no longer looking into these things (which I Doubt as you see these things updated often) so why isn't the VWE listed?

it should be under Sports & Hobbies, maybe the staff that is in charge of adding content to the Destination Guide is too busy doing other things.

sometimes it takes the Lindens a long time to answer users requests, maybe because they are too many, that can be seen in the amount of time it takes them to answer requests in costumer support.

you can keep sending requests to appear in the Destination Guide, some day they are going to read them and add you.

You have to get their attention.

Why not say that Ebbe is a WVE fan, and it is rumoured that he occasionally fights (masked, of course, to conceal his true identity) as the "Great Dane" (yes, I know he's Swedish, but they are all Scandinavian, and there aren't any polite puns about turnip-heads you could use as a nom de guerre) with his signature move being a flying, all limbs akimbo leap that usually means he knocks himself out.

It could be that they've decided against the inclusion of your venue, especially since you say that there are two similar locations already listed.  I know that you wrote that you feel you've met all the requirements, but did you also take a look at: 

"Criteria weighing against selection:

• The venue or one like it has been included before.
  • The venue has been warned for failure to comply with some aspect of the Terms of Service.
  • The venue and/or submitted screenshot appears to contain unlicensed, copyrighted and/or trademarked content that may not be authorized by the rights holder.
  • The venue is currently violating the Terms of Service through use of bots, campers, illegal gambling, or mainland Adult content.
  • The submitted screenshot contains promotion text over the main image.
  • The submitted description text includes lists of keywords and/or incoherent or inaccurate text"

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/About-the-Second-Life-Destination-Guide/ta-p/700059

I wouldn't expect an answer from LL on this.  Even if all the technical requirements are met they still aren't required to list a specific venue.  

I've long been curious about how often resident suggestions are even included vs. LL simply adding in destinations that they've found themselves.  Something tells me that it is strongly weighted towards the latter in several categories.  

That COULD be the problem, although the one place listed hasn't been there for 6 months now and i think your Right ... hell, the VWE has even started using that inSL logo as well to help things out

But yea, we've gone over those criteria as well and the Destination Guide to make sure we're not breaking any rules or anything like that ... 

And you know, I've wondered that myself

There is no guarantee that you will ever get in the destination guide at all, even if you application and qualifications are perfect.  There are far more venue owners that apply than they have space.

After meeting qualifications the choice is very much subjective.   The Lindens will visit you venue in god mode to check it out themselves.   Some venues are even featured that never applied for it.

Linden's like to see events posted for a venue.  I notice that no VWE events are listed in Events.  I suggest you start posting your events.  They also look for venues that are actively offering things to do several hours daily at least.  It also helps to be noob friendly.  A good build and good traffic also play apart.  They want to see alot of interest from residents already and an active community

As far as I'm told, they DO post events ... I haven't seen any myself posted. I would do it but Unfortunately I'm not an Officer of the Group or the Group Owner so I can't list the Land its on as a selection. 

That being said, thank you VERY much for the extra suggestions and passed on the suggestions as well to VWE Staff.

To me, the Destination Guide is not well looked after, i agree most of the listings on there are very out of date. I tried for months also to get our sim in it, i just kept submitting it month after month, and finally left a note to the editor, as to why it was not listed yet, and lo and behold we finally made it the next month. Keep trying, someone will eventually get it in, once they take the time to update the listings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.