DaisyBlue Heffernan name missing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a friend who passed away back on 2010 Named DaisyBlue Hefernan. I never could bring myslef to remove he rname form my friends list. I logged in recently and found that she is gone form my list and her name no longer comes up in search? Did Sl delet her account?

When someone passes away their SL account becomes the property of their estate or if there is a will, the property of the person named in the will.  It is possible that the estate or the person inheriting requested the account be deleted.  LL would not delete it without a formal request.

I faced this issue twice in SL.  I chose to whack the name(s) from my friends list so I would not have to suffer the indignity that LL would bring to the equation.  I made peace with myself because I said my goodbye, and on my terms.

DejaHo wrote:

I faced this issue twice in SL.  I chose to whack the name(s) from my friends list so I would not have to suffer the indignity that LL would bring to the equation.  I made peace with myself because I said my goodbye, and on my terms.

And btw, one of those whackings was Pserendipiy Daniels.  Who also went out on his terms.  He stared death in the face and laughed.  My hero. 

ETA Not a tear was washed away by the rain.

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Alec - to be myself, however labelled

I am me, however labelled. Period.

I will play any role this forum wants of me.  I am here only to entertain and be entertained.  I am me every time I lay my head to sleep.   

PS S And so I have been told, I always smile in my sleep. 

She's gone from my list too, Benson.  I guess LL did it, I certainly didn't.   A true loss, on a personal, and a world level.  Have you been to the memorial reading room we have for her, on Health Info Island?  I can't get inworld right now, but IM Gentle Heron, tell her I sent you and she'll give you the LM to it, or you can just go over there and find it.  It's a very comforting spot, and she would have just loved it.  Sorry for your loss of DaisyBlue, she was special, in any life. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.