DEMO FILE purge - what just happened?

WeeWeeHead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like to try demos and when I get them, I place them in one file and once a twice a week I go through them and make decisions on whether to discard or buy.  The file is sometimes quite large.  The first time it happened I thought I must have made some kind of mistake - I emptied my trash, and the next day I noticed that my DEMO file had been emptied too.  That was about a month ago.

Last night I went on a spree and collected a lot of makeup samples and when I went to look for them today, all there were were the empty folders.  No demos inside.  What just happened?  I lost almost every single thing in my demo folder.  I also noticed that some of the folders in my inventory that were demos but not in the demo folder were also empty.  What gives?

Something went wrong with the cache? Which viewer are you using? I know that Linden Labs 'refresh' their servers. A glitch some time back caused me to lose quite a few things myself too. If you've lost items you've purchased, you should let the seller know so you could request a copy. If they are demos, you might be able to find them on marketplace if not in-world.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.