Curiouser and curiouser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At the time of your last post the objects had been changed.

I have tried many of text only viewers as an experiment but have not found anything like the stars are using.  I would imagin that someone has made a viewer for the group that has the ability to run X amount of avatars. I have found some text only viewers that you can purchase for $6000 USD  but i'm will never spend that much money on virtual experiments.

• 1 month later...

Well that is an interesting thought about sims ands bot's, it is something that I had never thought about. However the sim can be restarted with the Bot being transfered to a Welcome Area while the sim is being restarted. (I feel sorry for them Bots).

Lately during some Happy Laps a few thoughts have gone through my mind;

★ Why the change of Group Tags?

★ Why are the Ladies invisable now?

★ Is our friend at HQ following this thread on this sensational forum?

★ Why is an advertising group affraid of being advertised?

★ Why are the ladies scattered over the mainlands and not in one place?

Anyway's I'm looking forward to the day that our friend can have a meeting with us so that some of us can understand and have no fear about purchasing land on SL.

See you out there ;)

I was at an event tonight at a club tonight that is up in the air at 4K m, when in pops the little red headed Movie Star dressed exactly how she is pictured in this thread, but with a different name.  She walked around the club for a few minutes stopping briefly to adjust a shoe, but didn't respond to anyone who spoke to her.  She then went up some stairs to the outside street and walked around for a bit there.  When she finally stopped walking around , I attmpted to get a pic, but she was too fast for me, just then she tp'd out.

It is possible, that the owner of these bots is indeed reading here, there is one invisible here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elsa/19/77/64

I had a small parcel in that sim 2 months ago, she was there and as of today, she is still there after all the restarts. Invisible, but you can see briefly a small sitting figure until the alpha mask loads. No group membership, no clickable attachments. Set name tags to be permantly on to find her. Name tag says: "Harmless-Light-Legal" on that one.

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

It is possible, that the owner of these bots is indeed reading here, there is one invisible here: 

I had a small parcel in that sim 2 months ago, she was there and as of today, she is still there after all the restarts. Invisible, but you can see briefly a small sitting figure until the alpha mask loads. No group membership, no clickable attachments. Set name tags to be permantly on to find her. Name tag says: "Harmless-Light-Legal" on that one.

FYI, if you did not know, show (highlight?) transparent, Alt/Ctrl/T, renders alphas invisible.

That's how you can do panty checks on girls who are wearing mesh clothes.

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

Alt/Ctrl/T doesn't work on that one, tried Singularity, Firestorm and the official Viewer. And according to Firestorm, there are no scripts running in that avatar.

But I have a pic:

Managed to take a snap, just before the alpha loads.

this moves out of the range of my technical expertise now.

i am wondering if somehow they have discovered a way to apply the default transparent texture to the skin.

or if they have discovered a way to exploit the glitch that sometimes causes an avatars body to disappear.

I Am The Great Oz_001.png

neither i nor my friends were able to see my body for several hours.  and recently i helped a friend who's head had disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...

Perrie Juran wrote:

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

Alt/Ctrl/T doesn't work on that one, tried Singularity, Firestorm and the official Viewer. And according to Firestorm, there are no scripts running in that avatar.

But I have a pic:

i am wondering if somehow they have discovered a way to apply the default transparent texture to the skin.

or if they have discovered a way to exploit the glitch that sometimes causes an avatars body to disappear.

neither i nor my friends were able to see my body for several hours.  and recently i helped a friend who's head had disappeared.

Easily done,  All you have to do is make a tattoo layer and apply transparent to all the parts.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

But I have a pic:

Easily done,  All you have to do is make a tattoo layer and apply transparent to all the parts.

But can you apply a transparancy to a skin?

p.s.  that picture was pre-tattoo, pre-alpha.

• 1 month later...

Marigold Devin wrote:

Time: 7.13pm PDT

Place: 
That
picnic table (!!!!!!)

movie star.jpg

7.22pm PDT she changed positions (looked like an autorelog)

she moved.jpg

A name familiar to me came into a group chat. It said "." nd nothing more. Name is same as movie star in this photo, Marigold. I sent msg from inworld to you but you not online.  Same group chat but a little later an av advertised a market place store. I don't know what to do with this information except looks like the movie stars are some kind of spam bots intending to increase traffic by advertising in group chats. I am unsure where tos stands on this.

• 2 weeks later...

The "." is usually the bot starting or ending a spam message. I've noticed that only the *MovieStars*'s do this, I have seen this in many of advertising spam groups from bots that have the familiar *MovieStar* names.

Be very carefull when opening any URL link that they or anyone else posts. Make sure that you read the link before clicking on it. I've noticed that there has been a few links getting around that look very similar to SL Marketplace URL. If you do fall for the URL link trap change your SL password and run a scan for Trojan Viruses.

@ eyeye and Hrdtop

Spamming group chats? Hmmm in the groups I'm joined to that would get them kicked from the group at least.

So is this mystery solved then? They hang around on Linden-owned chunks of abandoned or protected land doing no real harm? 

Something still does not sit right about this to me.

/me goes off to sharpen shovel, even if its to dig my own hole!

The 'Harmless-Light-Legal'-Brigade is out again, sitting by the roadside.
One is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chapala/106/216/50
Another one sits here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fymatigue/235/48/27

And the ones I listed on Page 39 of this thread are back at their old places as well, except the Borgatti-one.

Seeing, how close to the road these are sitting, I wonder how many get killed by AnnMarie's automated abominations.

But seriously, I don't get the purpose of these bots, there are no scripts running in them and they sit on nothing,
according to the 'About Land'-Dialogue. And without any scripts, they can not collect any data at all.

But seriously, I don't get the purpose of these bots, there are no scripts running in them and they sit on nothing,

according to the 'About Land'-Dialogue. And without any scripts, they can not collect any data at all.

We don't know how the bot itself is programmed, but in theory, they can collect all the data that's available to a viewer -- including stuff one doesn't normally examine. such as that which only shows when the Admin menu is enabled. There's very little data worth collecting that's available to in-world scripts but not viewers. And because the bots are programmed, they can collect that data a lot faster than normal users would. 

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

Bots don't need any in-world scripts to run them and/or gather data.

Perhaps they exist to gather avatar names for spamming purposes.

• 2 months later...

Huh...I've seen these people on the beach to the North of my parcel. It's funny, because the land the invisible girl sits on is Protected Land, not abandoned land. And at first, I could see them clearly, but now I cannot. In addition to this, they seem to have changed their group tag from Movie Star to Harmless-Light-Legal. How do I join their group?

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.