Changing Group name on items out on your sim ???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a trick, or something i do not know about, to be able to change the group name on your sim, and have all the items set out  (that are already there) change to the new group name ?  Other than the owner of the item, going to each individual item and changing it through edit.

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

I am not sure there is a quicker trick.....butttt you could use "Area Search" function (i use firestorm viewer not sure if this option is in other viewers) and change a large number of items at once by searching for prims that are owned by you and selecting multiple items in the list it brings up then go into edit and update the group. This may not be the most efficient way cause you may miss out on some prims depending on how far you are from them when you do the search but this is how I do it to atleast make the task easier.

I usually go to each altitdue and do this task to make sure I get all the prims. If I miss a prim my tenants will be quick to let me know lol.  Area Search Pic

Good Luck.

If you find a simplier way please share!!!! 

Thats going to be helpful for my own items, but we have lots of ppl that have items on the sim and we need to change the group on the land, and use auto return, and i was wanting to avoid having to ask everyone to come and change their objects over..akkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.