Cant move object, what the heck?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do the vehicle scripts include the ability to switch to phantom, non-physical movement? If so, they should sail right through the obstructions. It's annoying, though, so file a quick Abuse Report on your way.

If your vehicle scripts aren't that sophisticated, hopefully the vehicles themselves have Modify permission so you can repalce them with your own scripts. (If the vehicles are no-mod, just throw them away. No-mod vehicles are completely useless.)

These are peoples security setups and ban lines causing objects not to move once they enter them, cant even back away or take a detour, they just freeze the vehicle, can this be ARd?

Big boats are not easy to manuvre in narrow spaces, sometimes these homes sit righ near sim crossings which affects the ability to turn the vehicles in time as the turning ability gets momenarily disabled after crossing a sim.

As for the rest I'm not tech savvy so all that is out of the question, but thanks for the suggestions I would have tried that out if I knew how to.

Why cant boats be rezzed anywhere, more so near mainland. Why dont rezz spots have signs on the map saying rezz spot so we can know if one is around, like properies have that big heart etc. to identify the agency they belong to.

Ban lines should all be torn down.

Another example of those who complain the most about being griefed being the biggest griefers themselves.

Rotten feature, born of paranoia and self-importance, that ruins most waterways, roads and air routes.

Try ARing them. There's technically no difference between a ban line and a cage.

bebejee wrote:

These are peoples security setups and ban lines causing objects not to move once they enter them, cant even back away or take a detour, they just freeze the vehicle, can this be ARd?

Big boats are not easy to manuvre in narrow spaces, sometimes these homes sit righ near sim crossings which affects the ability to turn the vehicles in time as the turning ability gets momenarily disabled after crossing a sim.

As for the rest I'm not tech savvy so all that is out of the question, but thanks for the suggestions I would have tried that out if I knew how to.

Why cant boats be rezzed anywhere, more so near mainland. Why dont rezz spots have signs on the map saying rezz spot so we can know if one is around, like properies have that big heart etc. to identify the agency they belong to.

Unfortunately that is the nature of ban lines, objects do get stuck in them.  And that is not AR'able.  It would be nice if we just bounced off of them.  They are a big pain for vehicles.

As an FYI, on Linden owned water such as the Blake sea, the North East corner of the SIM is always a Rez Zone.

There are HUDS you can buy that will show you where the Rez zones are, etc.  The one I use is no longer listed on the MP so I donn't know one to suggest.

clivesteel wrote:

Ban lines should all be
torn down.

Another example of those who complain the most about being griefed being the
biggest griefers themselves.

Rotten feature, born of paranoia and self-importance, that ruins most waterways, roads and air routes.

Try ARing them. There's technically no difference between a ban line and a cage.

Unfortuneatly Ban Lines are a LL provided function and no amount of ARing has made any difference.

That seems to be a great thing will get one.

Clive, yes its high time these security things went.

Cerise, I will try editing out if the area allows my boat to stay when I stand, at some it disappears as soon as the av gets up.

Hi bebejee.

Ban Line Hud is a great tool, but some found it a bit laggy. I have one and to me it works great.

Another way is in mini map (right click), mark "show/property lines" in Firestorm and other viewers, but dunno if it is present in all viewers. It will show the plots with ban lines in red, but only when you are very near it, and don't show 'security devices'

Another usefull tool is a free rezz-finder. I am sending you a copy of it from my alt: LucyInTheSky Afarensis, called "LCC Rez- Space-finder-C.V. HUD   :-)"

When clicked it searchs for rezz free places in the sim you are on.

bebejee wrote:

What is this, my flying and boating trips have been ruined by the Fk up, why is this allowed? worse theer are no rezz zones near by to restart the trip. Any solution?

They are allowed because the one that pays for that piece of the world, the land, water and the sky above it, gets to decide who can come on it and what they can bring with them.  It is their right under the TOS.  Contrary to many peoples opinion you are not entitled to go where you please.  You can't go on private property unless the owner allows it.  You are only entitled to go on Linden owned land.

If you fly at least 50 meters higher than the ground, ban lines won't effect you unless you are specifically banned by name.  Security orbs though can stop you at any height. 

Get that HUD,  its a God send for pilots and boaters, or just fly above large swaths of Linden owned regions such as the Blake Sea.

bebejee wrote:

These were on mainland isnt that linden owned? and not whole swathes of property but single random houses here and there, the one that ruined my boat ride was literally a one room hut.

Technically, of course, Linden Lab owns ALL of Second Life but for the purpose of ban lines much of Mainland is owned by various Premium members or groups thereof. If you look at the parcel information you'll see the the owner's name. By "Linden owned" she was referring either to abandoned or "protected" land that has no other "owner." There are protected rights of way in most Mainland water areas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.