Cant fly or sail since a month

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cant use vehicles beyond a cetain point, when flying the plane will disappear as it nears the third sims border not just that it will have no control when it enters the second sim, cant turn it in any direction, avatar gets throw into a corner when plane disappears and few seconds later viewer crashes.

Sailing, the boat will lose control as soon as it crosses into second sim, runs is a straught line till viewer crashes, why is this happening? I use the prevuois version of the FS viewer.

Its been going on since  LL fiddled with something inworld, I was told all sims were fiddled with but no one else is having issues.

Sim crossings has always been a problem in SL. When you cross a sim, one server core has to hand everything over to the next one, including all the information about your vehicle, your avatar, even your inventory.

There are some things you can do.

Strip your avi down as much as you can.  Your goal is to have the lowest avatar rendering cost you can and don't wear anything with scripts in them.  Wear basic system layer clothes and hair without flexi prims.  Ditch anything you're wearing that has high resolution textures too.  Take off any jewelry.

Some vehicles are better at sim crossing too than others, because they are scripted better.  I have boats from one creator that  hardly have a problem at all compared to others.  If you vehicle runs on a lot of scripts, or is poorly scripted, that generally will cause problems.  Ask others that you see that don't have as many problems where they got their vehicles.

When approaching a sim border slow down to a crawl until you get over the border a few meters if you continue to have problems.  Get a navigation HUD that will show you wear the sim borders are in relation to your vehicle (some even show where ban lines are) or use your mini map.

I doubt that this is a problem with your avatar account.  It's most likely the vehicles themselves.

If you can, reset the scripts in the vehicles.  If that doesn't work, and they are copy, contact the creator to get new copies.  It could be the scripts were corrupted.

You could try other vehicles to see if that works for you, perhaps a friend has one that has the ability to allow other pilots.

If you can't resolve the issues with the vehicles you have and another vehicle works, you'll just have to replace the ones you have.

If your flying and sailing around the blake sea, I have been getting wierd border crashes there lately.

A lot of people have been having troubles with it. 

Also check the stability of your internet connection using ctrl+shift+1 look for "ping sim" at the top of the window.

High ping causes terrible border crossings, turned out my win10 was autoupdating behind my back...

If you are on wifi ping can be less stable and more packet loss may be present, tell me an average reading you get and I will tell you if it is a good reading.

Also try sailing at the fruit islands, I find it to be much more stable there for sailing. I dont really fly at all these days so I cannot rate the flying experience.

I believe someone has raised a recent jira regarding the blake sea issues, might be worth searching for.

Fruit Islands is for residents and their guests if accompanied by a resident.  So if you have a friend that lives there they can take you.  Otherwise, you will be asked to leave and if you don't you'll be ejected and maybe banned.  The owners or estate agents are on duty most of the time and monitor the estate for people that don't qualify to be there, unless you are looking at parcels for sale there.

As far as I know there are no hangers for rent at Fruit Islands unless they've added them.  It's all strictly residential other than the marina, the concert area, and a few other common areas.  Even in the marina there you have to be a resident to dock a boat there, if they do have hangers now you probably have to be a resident to use them.

A couple of the Blake Sims are pretty problematic, Blake Sea - Black comes to immediate mind, as does Nautilus - Ualonuth. Black is about half way down the main channel sort of opposite that giant greenhouse on the right from SNO or left from Hollywood.

One way you can test if it's you or the sim is to note exactly where you crash, each time. Write it down. Look for a pattern. Find another route, maybe to fly down the channel on the left side from SNO or right side from Hollywood over the Salor's cove sims, make sure you are over 100M though.

The Managers of Sailers Cove do an awesome job restarting the sims each day, and that does help, especially with so many vehicles making their way around. Great estate, highly recommended.

The Lab don't care as much about restarts, so if you hit a bad sim, do a quick second test and see it crashes you a second time, if so lodge a support ticket with region performance and a nice friendly description of the issue for the amazing land team.

The problem is probably with something of mine, I managed to sail from sailors cove spoon drift marina to half of the main channel of Blake sea, then I had nice flight from Hollywood airport for some time the very night I started this topic, but its all messed up again, same issues where vehilces lose control after crossing  into second sim, if i'm a passenger on one of the virtual airlines it happens as well no matter which sim, my avatar gets dropped into a corner of the second sim the aircraft enters after take off.

Agree about Sailors Cove, I started sailing from there three years ago and still prefer to use it, but I'm having issues there as well, usually I could TP out of there in seconds but now it takes time and even the viewers crashes on occassion when doing that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.