Cant Login

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am experiencing the same, in both the Firestorm and Linden viewers, regardless of the region I try to log in to. 

As this is the day they do rolling restarts every week, I'd say we need to just give it a little time. Nothing's showing on the status report blog other than that. 

Grid Status reports that there is unscheduled maintenance happening right now, and that it will effect logins.

"[Posted 7:57 AM PDT, 20 May 2014] We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance on some of our primary systems. During this maintenance, various functions, including logins, may be unavailable. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions until the all clear is given."

i has the same and it say try  change loggin location but not even that helps  i dont know why sure they say its a maintainance but  30 min has gone and i cant loggin still  and me saw on the page that rolling restarts goes  every single day also making  loggins fail  due to sims offline  or not excisting anymore 

Always check the home page at secondlife.com. It will inform you of any maintenance / rolling restarts/ known issues.

[Posted 7:57 AM PDT, 20 May 2014] We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance on some of our primary systems. During this maintenance, various functions, including logins, may be unavailable. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions until the all clear is given.

Soooooo...we want them to fix bugs/issues NOW, but not if it means we can't log in for a couple hours? Go pick up a book, stare out a window, make an important phone call, pay some bills, there's PLENTY to do in RL for a couple hours. If you can't take not being able to log in for a bit, then don't complain about things not being fixed....

This must be huge.  That message of the handshake, at least means we are getting authenticated by the authentication servers.  But it's the next process to locate and attach to the region you want to get to, is where the problem is.

Why I think this is huge, is because I've tried to get to regions around the world that I know of and not one responds.

Someone in IT is gonna get their hands slapped!  :manwink:

NOTE TO SELF:  NEVER PRESS THE "ANY KEY"  LOL

personally i see no problem with people complaining a little and venting off some steam.

forums are for posting on, and its also nice to see others are dealing with the same thing as you are, and that you're not the only one dealing with the situation, alone.

I think situations like this make everyone, even the non complainer types, a little antsy pantsy.

Stil, THE PARROT!  THE PARROT!  ROFL  :matte-motes-big-grin:

But seriously, I'm not complaining.  I work in the industry and I totally get unexpected failures.  Some more widespread than others.

For my, my post was more to bring a smile to anyone's face, like I'm worried about a digital Parrot. LOL  :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.