Can't use more than 4x antialiasing

vanilajoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys. I recently bought a new PC , i have a good pc for high graphics, even so, i can't use more than 4x antialiasing and even with that i'm still trembling. At the other PC wich is really poor i could use 4x but without tremble. It can be  because of my monitor? because of my internet? i use wireless but it's really poor, i have low signal...

My PC:

- Intel Bx80637133220 Core i3-3220, Ivy Bridge, 3.3GHz, 2 Cores, 3MB L3, 55W, Socket 1155, 22nm , processor graphic integrated, BOX

-Gigabyte - B75M-D3H - Intel B75LGA 1155LGA 1155Integrated + PCI-E 3.0 x16, SNB only for PCI-E2.0

-Western Digital -WD10EZEX - HDD SATA3 1TB 6GB/s 7200 RPM 64MB WD BLUE WD10EZEX

-Floston - CFLWINNER - PC CHasis Floston WINNER MID TOWER , ATX & mATX, BLACK, PSU 500W , 3x 5.25 bay, 5x 2.5 bay, front HD audio +USB 2.0, optional:Rear: 80x80x1 or 120x120x1 &Side: 80x80x1 / 8cm airduct

-Kingston -KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX - MEMORY DIMM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Non-ECC CL9 (kit of 2) HyperX Blu Kingston

i use on-board graphics , graphic adapter string intel HD 2500

I'm not good with this part of PCs but the the guys where i bought the things told me the pc work ok for the new games. they said works crysis 2 on high graphics without  lag also showed me a test, even so I'm not really satisfied with my graphics on SL and i don't understand why i can't use more than 4x antialiasing . Also Tomb raider  2013 on normal graphics work with a little lag. It's from me? pc settings? i use them at maxim.

And i guess the lag on high graphics in sl it's because of my internet.

I'm grateful for any help and thank you in advance! 

Crysis = Optimized for a gaming environment

Secondlife = Least optimized game in the world, Too large of textures, too many polys everywhere, I can understand how Antialias might freak out, especially with all the info coming in.

On-board graphics are typically O.K, but In a lot of cases they just don't cut it for games. I recommend reducing your draw distance if you are trying to boost up your AA

(Just so you know, I am running a quad core system, 16 gigs of ram, 580GTX , and some other fun stuff, and I can't even handle high without lag. So its not you, Its second life. Look for more optimized sims to be in (Very few and far in-between.) if you want to have a better graphic experience.

Thank you for your reply,Frawmusl . Funny is i always use 32 or 64 draw distance. I also use firestorm.

How i said, i'm not good at that part of PCs with components and such, i always think what it's expensive it's also good, and i was angry to faind that sl don't work how i expected , and i said i need a good video card but the man who work for me, for my pc said there is no need , sure i can add but with this pc should work perfect how it is. 

No, the integrated graphics is definitely the weakest point in that system.  Unfortunately it's not the cheapest option to fix either.  If it's possible to use a wired connection instead of wifi then that will at least help some of your problems but that's just about communications between you and SL.  Ultimately the problem is that your graphics just aren't up to full-blown realtime SL rendering.  This is, as has been pointed out, that SL is not optimised in the way that pre-generated, pre-installed 'games' are.  It's an ever-changing, mainly amateur-built, online world.

I just read about the integrated graphic cards and dedicated, everybody says the integrated it's not so good for games so i should had dedicated. Now i'm really dissapointed. The only good thing is  (i think) that i can add a separately graphic card so i will not need to change all that b****it (i hope so)

Thank you all for your reply.

Oy vey, Vanilla, that was a mistake listening to that guy. Fortunately not all is lost since you're using a tower PC and not a laptop. Your processsor is OK-ish, your RAM is super, so is your Gigabyte mobo.

All you gotta do now is add a dedicated graphics card, if your PSU can handle it. A NVIDIA GTX comes highly recommended. Try a GTX660 or a GTX560 if you can still get one somewhere. They often come not directly from NIVIDIA but their "board partners" like MSI, Assus, Zotac and other modding companies. Putting them in is not any more complicated than putting some Lego bricks together.

Much worse than your antialiasing problem is your bad drawing distance of only 32-64 meters. How anyone can play SL that shortsighted is beyond the grasp of my imagination. I'm usually playing on 256 meters and only for shopping or crowded places I go mellow and goodheartedly reduce to 128.

For future reference: always start "building" your system around the graphics card. It's by far the most important part of any gaming PC and even more for a weird environment like SL.

It seems to have a 500W power supply and doesn't appear to have a lot of other junk sucking power, so that should be fine for a GTX660, which can be had for under US$200 these days. I agree that the rest of the specs look fine for SL. (And yeah, that wouldn't be my first choice of CPU, but for SL it won't matter.) There's nothing in the machine that needs to be changed-out, so nothing really wasted except maybe some time and aggravation.

Thank you Orca Flotta for info. I actually was thinking to add NVIDIA , if i remember they said i can add, my pc was builded for future evolution. But i'm not sure what's better, to add a dedicated graphic card or to replace that integrated and what have attached with a dedicated graphic card...

vanilajoy wrote:

Thank you Orca Flotta for info. I actually was thinking to add NVIDIA , if i remember they said i can add, my pc was builded for future evolution. But i'm not sure what's better, to add a dedicated graphic card or to replace that integrated and what have attached with a dedicated graphic card...

You can't replace your integrated graphics, it's part of your motherboard.  All you need to do is buy a decent graphics card and install it or have it installed for you, if you're unsure of you're ability to do so and are willing to pay someone to do it (or maybe you have a friend that can do it for free).  All you would need to install it, is a connection for it from the power supply, which should be included (unless it's modular... which I doubt).

I recently got a GTX660 and can vouch for the fact that it's a wonderful card, for which I spent only about $210.  Mine has 3G of memory, but you probably don't need one with that much, which could knock some off the price... I wouldn't go under 1G though.

Good luck ...Dres

But i'm not sure what's better, to add a dedicated graphic card or to replace that integrated and what have attached with a dedicated graphic card...

As was already explained before me, this isn't an either or scenario. Your integrated chip is integral part of your processor and can't be taken off. You just put a better dedicated card into a free slot in your motherboard and ... that's it. :smileyhappy:

Or get a 650Ti wich is a great card to dedicate for physx in the future when changing to a newer gpu

The 650 Ti may be a good card but the 660 is better; the Ti moniker won't change that simple fact. The Ti places the 650 right inbetween the normal 650 and the 660. Nvidia's numbering system is infallible. :smileytongue:

Mine has 3G of memory, but you probably don't need one with that much, which could knock some off the price... I wouldn't go under 1G though.

SL has a maximum storage capacity of 512 MB for textures, so a GPU with 1 GB is more than enough in any case.

Orca Flotta wrote:

Or get a 650Ti wich is a great card to dedicate for physx in the future when changing to a newer gpu

The 650 Ti may be a good card but the 660 is better; the Ti moniker won't change that simple fact. The Ti places the 650 right inbetween the normal 650 and the 660. Nvidia's numbering system is infallible. :smileytongue:

Yes, but it`s cheaper and still runs sl pretty damn good with all the whistles and bells enbled on a 24inch monitor (1920x1080) with 8xAA and 156-200 draw distance at around 25-40fps (depending location) without oc`ing, ofcourse disabling advanced lighting shoots it up abouve refresh rate, but the world looks dull

Even with playing on my main screen (3x580 2560x108) with the 650 handling sl, it was still doing 20fps unfocused and set as dedicated physx card 

Don`t get fond of hardware that fast, but for the price of the litle bugger with the way it can handle sl, running 2 monitors on it and as a 4th support gpu for tripple sli, i love the thing :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Orca Flotta wrote:

Mine has 3G of memory, but you probably don't need one with that much, which could knock some off the price... I wouldn't go under 1G though.

SL has a maximum storage capacity of 512 MB for textures, so a GPU with 1 GB is more than enough in any case.

Your right, my card was probably overkill... but I wanted to make sure I had enough to run whatever programs I might ever care to (like Photoshop and such) along with SL with all the bells and whistles.

...Dres

vanilajoy wrote:

I just found that i can add 2 videographics, will that help? Anyway, this is not fair.

It's hard to tell what "add 2 videographics" might mean here. It seems a distraction. What you want is to install and use one reasonably high-end graphics card and ignore the integrated graphics that's on your machine now. It's okay to do that; the vast majority of SL users are on machines configured that way.

There are other architectures you can use, but they're generally for special-purpose applications. For example, your motherboard might have something called "MVP" that supports distributing processing between the integrated graphics and one or more graphics cards. That may sound useful, but generally it's like trying to speed up your new Ferrari by adding your old bicycle pedal.

Or, you can spend twice as much and strap together two (or more) dedicated graphics cards. This doesn't actually speed up Second Life at all, and in general is a marketing triumph more often than it's a practical solution to a real problem.

(If you want to have multiple monitors, then there may be more interesting choices -- although even then, it's usually best to just plug them both into the new dedicated graphics card.)

As to being "not fair", well, yeah, whoever claimed that Intel 2500 graphics are appropriate for gaming is either a fool or a liar, but unless the same person also overcharged you for the machine, I would not assume they're also a cheat. You're going to have to buy and install a graphics card now, and that's unexpected expense and aggravation, but still it's kinda "no harm no foul" because you would have had to pay for it as part of any system properly equipped for SL (or for any high-end gaming).

Orca Flotta wrote:

OK, I may be in over my head here but the 512 MB is as you just for texture memory.  However if I've read other things correctly there is graphics memory also being used for other processes with SL.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Vanilia,

Your PC on it's own is fine. Adding a single high-end Nvidia Graphics Card will do the trick nicely.Additing the GC will cause the onboard Intel Graphics Subsystem to step out of the way.

Right.

Perhaps the confusion / frustration here derives from a mistaken idea that there was some "either-or" option, whereas in fact some flavor of integrated graphics is built-in to all Intel processors of recent vintage.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.